Most expats have no idea how to use 7-Eleven stickers

snoop1130

On 8/4/2016 at 10:14 AM, BigBadGeordie said:

Errr I take it you can offer evidence to support this statement..............................

Not holding my breath waiting.

I can offer anecdotal evidence.  

I don't remember what the stickers or stamp like things are called in Thai, so I carry one with me and show the clerk that did not give me a stamp with my purchase.  Then tell them you did not give to me.  They smile and I get the little stamp.  

I give them to a friends daughter.  She cashes them in and gives the items as a gift.  

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Avoid the 7 eleven in soi Chaiyapruek , the staff will not give you the stamps, and pretend they do no understand you.

Had that happen to me also.
I use the same 7/11 to buy my bits and bobs, and I'm sorry to say I smoke, but I buy the same brand of cigarettes from them daily.
I don't know Thai fluently but can speak enough to get by. Anyway, I asked for marlboro lights the gold colored packet, soft box. Usually no problem,el there you are sir, thankyou. This time there was a big queue behind me and I asked for my cigarettes.
"Marlboro lights, gold colour, soft box, pls"
"What?"
I repeated myself
The assistant gives me marboro red.
"No, marlboro lights, gold colour, soft box"
The assistant gives me LM red.
I can see that this person is trying to wind me up.
Those in the queue behind me can see this also and come to my assistance.
They repeat what I have just said.
A light bulb lights up in the shop assistants head and he gives me the correct cigarettes.
I go home and tell the missus.
Next day we go together to the 7/11 and she asks the shop assistant why he doesn't understand my Thai. Especially when I buy the same brand of cigarettes daily from him. He just laughed it off, nothing, no problem.
I guess he's jealous of me, like many Thais are. Living the life of Riley in Thailand, flaunting my money, married to a beautiful woman whilst he is paid minimum wage working 6 days a week in an air conditioned, ding dong, brightly lit, toast my sandwich, give me my stamps, pay my water bill, hell.
Poor bloke, next time a Thai disrespect you, stop, and think why? I let them take the p1ss out of me and sometimes act along to help them. The life of your average Thai is pretty grim so if making them smile is to let them take the P1ss a bit, so be it. I don't mind, I laugh along with them.
Yes, I'm ugly, 5555
Yes, I'm fat, 5555
Smile!!!! [emoji1]

I use the same 7/11 to buy my bits and bobs, and I'm sorry to say I smoke, but I buy the same brand of cigarettes from them daily.
I don't know Thai fluently but can speak enough to get by. Anyway, I asked for marlboro lights the gold colored packet, soft box. Usually no problem,el there you are sir, thankyou. This time there was a big queue behind me and I asked for my cigarettes.
"What?"
I repeated myself
A light bulb lights up in the shop assistants head and he gives me the correct cigarettes.
Next day we go together to the 7/11 and she asks the shop assistant why he doesn't understand my Thai. Especially when I buy the same brand of cigarettes daily from him. He just laughed it off, nothing, no problem.
I guess he's jealous of me, like many Thais are. Living the life of Riley in Thailand, flaunting my money, married to a beautiful woman whilst he is paid minimum wage working 6 days a week in an air conditioned, ding dong, brightly lit, toast my sandwich, give me my stamps, pay my water bill, hell.
Poor bloke, next time a Thai disrespect you, stop, and think why? I let them take the p1ss out of me and sometimes act along to help them. The life of your average Thai is pretty grim so if making them smile is to let them take the P1ss a bit, so be it. I don't mind, I laugh along with them.
Yes, I'm ugly, 5555
Yes, I'm fat, 5555
Smile!!!! [emoji1]

Sounds like he definitely got under your skin...even had to bring your wife in to stand up for u...a full day later

20 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

"What?"
I repeated myself
Yes, I'm ugly, 5555
Yes, I'm fat, 5555
Smile!!!! [emoji1]

Thaivisa classics #3 - "Why do these Thai people refuse to understand my perfectly good Thai"?

52 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

"What?"
I repeated myself
Yes, I'm ugly, 5555
Yes, I'm fat, 5555
Smile!!!! [emoji1]

Keep a picture of your pack of cigarettes in your cell phone - the clerks will get it right + if they ever have to resuscitate you they can look in your cell phone  - find the right kind of cigarettes to stick in your mouth to jump start you....

100% some 711 and family staff keep the stickers for themselves

A girl I dated had worked in Family mart. 

she never gave farangs their stickers and only gave some thai people their stickers. 

If the Thai person asked she gave them the stickers 

She could accumulate 500 baht worth of stamps in 2 days.

The result of this were a large range of Hello Kitty bags and umbrellas for all the extended family