Perfect Site for Zika Virus

water.thumb.jpg.621b6b80f03e9d214939944aI live in a high rise condo. From my vantage point there is one house on the next street that has a very very large pool of standing water (not a pool for swimming) that has been there for more than 3 years as best I can make it out.

It is the perfect breading ground for Mosquitoes. Every time I look at it , I get the creeps thinking that the Zika Virus or worse is lurking in that pool . No doubt those nasty blood suckers are breeding there.

My question is simple How do I let the authorities know that it is there so they can either treat or get the home owner to drain the water from the area

Any help is appreciated

Edited by realenglish1
The attached Photo is of offending roof

What someone else does on their land is none of your business. My best advice to you would be:

Do not go telling Thai people what they should or should not be doing with their land (or try to report them so that other people tell them on your behalf). Seriously. 

If it really bothers you, then move.

What is this pool used for?   Is it a duck pond, a lake, a fish / frog rearing thing?  Or is it just a big pool or rainwater or leaking water from a drain?

Really there is nothing you can do.. but you could ask the owner yourself! 

Come and live in the villages... surrounded by rice fields.. plenty of standing water there.  And also in the city mosquitoes can live just as easily in a tiny puddle or can of water.

well you could also go buy some mozzie eating fish  and frogs and  dump them in the pond......

draining it is not going to help as it will just fill up again since no one seems to care , 

and I doubt the mozzies can fly up to your high rise condo anyway , but they often catch a free ride in the elevator :(

Edited by BKKdreaming