Finnish National Found Hanged in South Pattaya

rooster59

20 hours ago, chiang mai said:

I have several hypotheses, unpopular perhaps and not as exciting as some, but worth considering nevertheless:

1) that the suicide rate among expats in Thailand is very similar to the suicide rate in their home countries

2) suicide as a result of significant illness is not uncommon.

3) suicide resulting from loss of wealth, by whatever means, is also not uncommon.

20 hours ago, chiang mai said:

I have several hypotheses, unpopular perhaps and not as exciting as some, but worth considering nevertheless:

1) that the suicide rate among expats in Thailand is very similar to the suicide rate in their home countries

2) suicide as a result of significant illness is not uncommon.

3) suicide resulting from loss of wealth, by whatever means, is also not uncommon.

Purely conjecture and unproven supposition, on par with bar stool gossip.

4 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Purely conjecture and unproven supposition, on par with bar stool gossip.

Indeed it is supposition, but statistically far more probable and likely than someone convincing him to stand on a stool with a noose around his neck whilst waiting for somebody to push him off!

29 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Indeed it is supposition, but statistically far more probable and likely than someone convincing him to stand on a stool with a noose around his neck whilst waiting for somebody to push him off!

As was my post 10, which you rudely dismissed. I suggest you keep your own counsel in future. 

Edited by stephenterry
removal of accusation

On 8/6/2016 at 11:50 AM, Thaidream said:

I know some American and British therapist who do psychologically counselling in Thailand and they informed me of this. They stated it was quite prevalent. Of course , their  job is to help people not end up as a suicide.

Really. And where do these therapists practices and with what WP?

On 8/6/2016 at 11:47 AM, chiang mai said:

Don't suppose you've got any verifiable facts to support those claims? Or were you simply supposing!

People see the traits they posses in other people more easily than those that are foreign to them.