Beer Prices In 'slutsville'

2long

Just thought I'd point out that in Rawhide, Soi Cowboy the price of Heineken was a 'normal' 120B

Foolishly presuming the other bars wouldn't be much different, we went into Sheba's and ordered the same, plus (don't tell the Mrs) a lady drink (about 100ml. of Fanta orange).

The buggers are charging 140B for the beers and 150B(!) for lady drinks!

Those interested should be warned.

Oh, we were also stupid enough to go from Sheba's to Susie Wong without checking or realising it's the same franchise and therefore the same prices! Shows how long it's been since I was 'out.'

Any other comical prices? post 'em here..............

Just thought I'd point out that in Rawhide, Soi Cowboy the price of Heineken was a 'normal' 120B

Foolishly presuming the other bars wouldn't be much different, we went into Sheba's and ordered the same, plus (don't tell the Mrs) a lady drink (about 100ml. of Fanta orange).

Oh, we were also stupid enough to go from Sheba's to Susie Wong without checking or realising it's the same franchise and therefore the same prices! Shows how long it's been since I was 'out.'

Small Chang 20 baht at 7-11...totally comical :o

Always ask before you buy......

I sometimes nip in to the Elli Blue (old Rififfi) in Pats place of an evening but always check the booze price first and double check on when "appy hours finish...usually 9-00pm.

Up to then (from mem) the "sot"is ha-sip ha bt which is OK ....55

Full price is Mi Mee ben ha.... :D & Peng mak.....

I have on occasions been caught out and ripped Off/ charged over a ton for a Heine (small) in a gin joint but it only ever happens the once.......

Like everything else in LIFE just ask "Nee Torai "..First... :o

The Squeezers hanging outside the speakeasies dont like it when you suggest they are way Tooooo Much but its your dosh and they WANT it......

Nana is now almost a NO NO (rather than a GO Go ) Area....because of all the owners trying to become millionaires in one weekend.....

...Boots are made for.....wal....

Loads of other places......... :D

C'mon ... how many people really go to Cowboy, Nana or other nightspots and really worry about prices? Most are on holiday, out entertaining clients, chasing skirts, etc. Scrimp your pennies at the supermarket and haggle with the street vendors if you need to conserve, then +/-20ThB for a brew-skie in the clubs is no big deal.

I like to hang out at the pool bar across the street from Rawhide. I've been going there since I first came to LoS and the mama-san and girls all know me and treat me well. I just set aside some amount of money, whether 2000, 3000 ThB or whatever with the thought that I'm going to spend it all and have fun. I order some food from upstairs and get enough so everyone can have a bite. I put the money on the bar and tell the bartender to keep 'em coming for me and a few of the girls I know, and when it runs out to cut off the tab. I don't have to worry about prices and can just sit back, relax and have a good time. (Hopefully the place is still there when I get back in a couple of weeks.) :o

I like to hang out at the pool bar across the street from Rawhide.

There's a place on Soi Cowboy with a swimming pool???!!! Now this I have to see, opposite "Rawehide", you say? :o

Sorry to burst your bubble but I meant pool ... as in little round balls. :D

They must have known you were Arsenal fans...... :o

I find the word or connotation "slutsville" sick.. I'm surprised that nobody has picked up on it.

i agree, there is no need for that and some of us could take offence!!

:D

I take offence at some of the prices now being charged in some gin joints for a wee bottle of suds.....robin b"stds :o

I find the word or connotation "slutsville" sick.. I'm surprised that nobody has picked up on it.

I take offence at some of the prices now being charged in some gin joints for a wee bottle of suds.....robin b"stds :o

well no one forces you to drink there!!

A small Chang at 7-11 is 25 baht - that's when you can actually get your hands on one (2.00-5.00 pm being off limits!)

well no one forces you to drink there!!

By any other name they are still.....Robin bsds...whether they be Bars ,National Parks,Banks ....5 bt Tuk Tuks,duel price restaurants and shops but it still amazes me the number for punters who by all accounts just LOVE being RIPPED OFF :D

The Old saying about FOOLS and their money are SOoooooooooo easily parted....is still Sooo true.

The left luggage place at the airport is supposed to be where you leave your Baggage not yer Brai.....but....anybody want to buy a can of fresh air? :D

A small Chang at 7-11 is 25 baht - that's when you can actually get your hands on one (2.00-5.00 pm being off limits!)

Sorry...

I don't drink it, I was just guessing :D

I think the prices at "slutsville" (should be "whoresville" since sluts do it for free) as the OP called it fair. The real rip off is at clubs where they charge 200-300 baht a small bottle of beer. This usually leads me to order a bottle whenever I go to a club. Back home the only place that sales beer at $5 or more is a strip club; regular bars are usually the cheaper places, around $2.50.

I like to hang out at the pool bar across the street from Rawhide.

There's a place on Soi Cowboy with a swimming pool???!!! Now this I have to see, opposite "Rawehide", you say? :o

obviously a game of "pool" bar dum dum...u know cues and balls :D

Nope....Definately a "pool" and its got a little plastic bucket floating on top.....bit small to swim in though...but then...after a few wets wots another one??

Rubber water wings essential...... :D

Sluts- or whore-ville is about right.

I mean, what do you think you'll find in a Gogo on Soi Cowboy charging 140 for a small Heini? :D

Sexpats- or sex-tourist-ville would be a fair enough description, but it's more convenient to point at the gals who work there for you guys... :o

Still, cool place, cool girls, cool vibes all around! :D

Sluts- or whore-ville is about right.

I mean, what do you think you'll find in a Gogo on Soi Cowboy charging 140 for a small Heini? :D

Sexpats- or sex-tourist-ville would be a fair enough description, but it's more convenient to point at the gals who work there for you guys... :o

anyone know where to get Carlsberg in Patts

Of course, but as males are the ones to Pay for women, derogatory words are used to describe the very women they pay for.

I'm not surprised there are so many lesbians in the world, the average male is a tosser.

Sexpats- or sex-tourist-ville would be a fair enough description, but it's more convenient to point at the gals who work there for you guys... :D

Of course, but as males are the ones to Pay for women, derogatory words are used to describe the very women they pay for.

I'm not surprised there are so many lesbians in the world, the average male is a tosser.

Yes, heaven forbid anyone use derogatory words to describe hookers... shocking. :o

...charging 140 for a small Heini?

140 for a small heini? I thought it was beer we were talking about :o

Anyway how does your cool girlfriend feel about it..? :D:D

Edited by Robski

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a tip: get one of the girls to out and buy you a bottle of 100 Pipers (or whatever you like) from outside, and then just pay 500 baht for ice/sode/coke. Make sure not too many girls turn up to help you finish the bottle. Should then not cost more than 1000B for the whle night :o