Tailor/Seamstress recommendations, please

Tib6005

Hello all,

I've already searched for this, surprisingly, to no avail. Perhaps the new system has a glitch (surely not !!)

Any recommendations for a good tailor or seamstress in town, please ?  I need an alteration service, rather than garment-making.

Thank you so much,

Imelda

Hi Imelda,I know a guy that does work . He's very good and inexpensive.But he is outside with a little portable roof and sewing machine , in other words he's mobile and does'nt have a shop. He has a little place on the corner of Loi Kroh rd. and Loi Kroh Lane 4. He's there Monday thru Friday til 4pm.

If you're walking east on Loi Kroh rd. toward the night bazar, he's on your right side ,,right before the bridge . About a block before the  ''Suriwongse Hotel '' same side. He's right next to the police booth. I needed some jeans altered. Went to numerous tailors , who wanted 200baht  each...this guy ...did it for 40 each. Three pairs of jeans wound up costing 120baht ..so I  saved 480baht..  Now  if he can't do exactly what you want there is an excellent tailor I know , they do alterations at VERY  fair prices..  ''Scandy Collection'' ..check them out on tripadvisor for directions.. Right on the moat  not far from Thaepae Gate .More reasonable and inexpensive than any other tailors  I've found .. Ask for Paul ..very nice man.

Edited by DKNY77

7 hours ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Recommend Phim Little Dress - she has a shop not far from CM University, off Doi Suthep Road, along Canal Road...check out her FB page. She makes anything and repairs everything, all at reasonable prices AND speaks excellent English. The phone number is: 088 414 0528

https://www.facebook.com/phimlittledressshop/?fref=ts

12096379_1524738847818232_71598039288242

Another great response!  People are so helpful on here. Thank you so much, Joe.

Wishing you well, 

Imelda

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2016 at 4:18 AM, DKNY77 said:

There is an excellent tailor I know , they do alterations at VERY  fair prices..  ''Scandy Collection'' ..check them out on tripadvisor for directions.. Right on the moat  not far from Thaepae Gate .More reasonable and inexpensive than any other tailors  I've found .. Ask for Paul ..very nice man.

Hello there DKNY77.

I'd just like to let you know that I persued  your "Scandy" recommendation.  A friend used them during a recent visit, and I have just had them  copy my favourite trousers.  Excellent results all round.

Thank you so much,

Imelda

On 8/8/2016 at 7:34 AM, Shoeless Joe said:

Recommend Phim Little Dress - she has a shop not far from CM University, off Doi Suthep Road, along Canal Road...check out her FB page. She makes anything and repairs everything, all at reasonable prices AND speaks excellent English. The phone number is: 088 414 0528

12096379_1524738847818232_71598039288242

Hello there, Shoeless Joe,

I'd just like to let you know that I pursued your recommendation.  Phim has done several alterations for me, some were quite complex.  She's excellentand I'll be taking more to her soon.

Thank you, again,for your help.

Imelda

Hello there, John,

Phim's address details:

Phim Little Dress

55/5 Moo 14

Wat Umong

Soi 4 Suthep Road

Chiang Mai

Tel: 0884 140528

As you come into Moo 14, follow the road, and as it bends to the right slightly, there is a 7-11 on your left. On the opposite side of the road, there is a beauty salon or hairdressers.  Look past it and you will see Phim's sign.

Imelda