Streaming American football in Thailand

watcharacters

It's nearly that time of year again for The NFL and NCAA to start with the pigskin activities.

I've been looking the past few days for  viewing options and find mostly a desert.

Much of what I've read  is a bit outdated so I hope they're  good options available this  season.  

I want a stand alone arrangement not dependent on any cable subscription from the USA.    I have a  Thai True  TV  package  that includes the sports channels but  all of them  begin at the crack of dawn.     And, of course, there  are only a couple of games broadcast.   If worst comes to worst, I'll  get a  video recorder this season.

I found nearly all of the  packages offered for streaming require a subscription to a cable system in the US.   I'm not looking for free sites.        I'm OK with paying for a package. 

The best thing I've found so far for me  may be " stream2watch.com ". 

Anyone have any other suggestions?

TIA

HoF game (GB vs. IND) cancelled.

I think one of the NFL GamePass packages is probably best? These are exclusively available for people outside the U.S.

SeasonPlus is $199

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages?ttv=0&campaign=sp-el-gp-bm-gg-1831646#plans

I'm always tempted to get this but am afraid I'll spend too much time watching it.

I am expecting TrueVisions to have it's weekly complement of five live games (TNF, Sunday 2x, SNF, MNF) live plus multiple rebroadcasts during the week, all in HD.

If you really want to see NFL football I recommend the NFL Game Pass subscription. I am on my 3rd year now. You can watch any and all games as much as you want at any time you want. Eliminates staying awake at 3AM or whatever times the live games are on. Streams are always flawless for me and the cost of 199 bucks for the complete season all the way through the Super Bowl is well worth the price

I have tried every "free" streaming service know to man and the Game Pass is worth admission as the "free" ones don't work even half the time.

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

$199 for the season?  Geez.  I am in the USA and I might consider that. 

Thanks 

The version referenced is the international version, and is available outside the U.S.

There is a domestic version, not sure what that looks like feature-wise/pricing, etc. You may be able to check it out (soon?).

Maybe $99, limited to replays only, no live games.

http://www.cutcabletoday.com/nfl-game-pass/

True rebroadcasts one or two of the games during each day and evenings during the week. Last year it totaled about 7 games a week.  Requires you to not read results if you don't want to watch knowing the results.  One big advantage is the rebroadcasts don't have any commercial breaks and are done in 2 hours.

Streaming the NFL package is undoubtedly better, but I have had mixed results with streaming.  Works great most days, but when it's bad, it's very bad. 

I just don't look at scores until about Wednesday or Thursday. Watch Sunday night game Monday evening and Monday night game Tuesday evening.  Pick up a couple the rest of the week that I know how it turns out. 

TH

I watch via a TOT Fiber2Home connection to a home theatre pc running Win 10 connected to my 42 inch LED TV. Watched the first GB  preseason home opener replay last night and the picture was flawless the entire game as it usually is. I think the NFL folks got there shi** together.

We can go on and on discussing the reception you may get or not get but mine is 99.9% perfect.

TrueVisions typically shows Thursday (1x, sometimes 2x, Thanksgiving 3x), Sunday (3-4x) and Monday games live, they do rebroadcast these, and sometimes others later, in condensed (all action, no commercial breaks) format.

Assume they'll do the same this year. On-line schedule not detailed for Sep. 9 @ 07:30 yet. Not sure if they are showing pre-season games; they have been rebroadcasting games from last season.

There are many, many, many ways to watch GamePass, perhaps the simplest/easiest would be with an Android TV box attached to a TV (running the NFL Android app, or via Kodi with the GP addon). Or with a simple device like Chromecast, you could use the NFL Android device on your phone and cast it to your TV. The phone then acts like a sort of remote.

The NFL Thailand FB page is pretty good, but mostly in Thai.

Streaming should be OK, certainly SD (480p), maybe even HD (720p), not sure about 1080p, unless too many people are streaming in to Thailand, or you hit a peak local internet usage period.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used 365sport.tv for a few years. They stream coverage of multiple sports in the home language - golf, afl, nfl, arl, epl, cricket, baseball, basketbal, etc etc. 24 channels. You can watch them live or you can watch them recorded - they keep 10 days of each channel. I always watch after the event when it suits me - and can stop rewind and fast forward recorded shows. I only watch live, things like superbowl and masters (last day) and grandfinals and maybe european cups etc.  1000 baht a month ( or 6 for 5500) gives you HD and heaps of sports. But the real value to me is being able to watch any event when I want to.  I stream via 3BB fibre using PC to TV and surround sound via HDMI - 1080p.   

PS - I also use IlikeHD for movies - CHEAP - 300baht a month for as many as I can watch. Not every movie in theatres, but about 80% and available when on DVD and CableTV (1-3 months later). Nowadays the wife and I rarely go to the movies (400baht plus food/drink) when years ago we went every week. 

PS - forget that they had 8 extra channels (BBC) of the Olympics - all included free.  They often do this for big events like world cups etc.

And their service and support is great. Any issue is responded to quickly and resolved.

Archived