Thai Tom Yam Kung Restuarants In Malaysia Finance Separatists

george

Defence Ministry insists 'Tom Yum Kung Network' not detrimental to bilateral relations w/ Malaysia

The Ministry of Defence Spokesman, Lt. Gen. Jakkrit Intharathat (จักรกฤษณ์ อินทรทัต), said the Royal Thai Army Commander-in-Chief and Council for National Security (CNS) Chairman, Gen. Sonthi Boonyaratglin, reported the officials’ progress in solving the problems in the southern region of Thailand to the Defence Council. The event was chaired by Gen. Boonrawd Somthas (บุญรอด สมทัศน์), the Defence Minister.

However, Gen. Sonthi did not discuss Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont’s statement on the network of tom yum kung restaurants and food stalls in Malaysia that have been funding the insurgents in the deep South.

In addition, the CNS Chairman insisted the Prime Minister's indication of such network has no effect on the bilateral ties between Thailand and Malaysia since the issue could be talked over.

He added that it will be clearer when Gen. Surayud presided over the special Cabinet meeting this evening.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 23 November 2006

but if you think there are only 2 % christians in the whole of indonesia, then good for you

i lived in jakarta and that is what the local people will tell you that christians amount to 35%.

but please try

www.jinsa.org

for facts on the southern movements

<deleted>?!? You belive that Christians constitute 35% of the population of Indonesia and then direct people to a link to an organization with neo-con tendencies for information on Southeast Asian politics? Giving credence to even one of the above seriously questions your credibility but believing in both lays to rest all questions.

I love it..............

Chinese mafia? Well let's see, the Chinese are Buddhist and if anything like their brethren in the Italian mafia or American mafia deeply religious (Absolved of sin on Sunday back to work on Monday). Why would they be involved eradicating their fellow Buddhists across the border?

Iran is supporting Islamists in Indonesia. Now inasmuch as Malaysia is a very moderate state (Allows alcohol consumption etc.) I would think IF Iran were supporting any insurgency, the target would be the Malaysian government in an effort to make them another Islamic Republic. The South of Thailand is peanuts with absolutely nothing to gain for Iran or Malaysia.

if i remember correctly, malaysia is a Islamic state. believe it was Dr. Mattahir(spelling). doubt it was done by vote.

if i remember correctly, malaysia is a Islamic state. believe it was Dr. Mattahir(spelling). doubt it was done by vote.

Taliban Afghanistan was an Islamic theocracy, Malaysia is a secular democracy where the majority of people are muslim. There's a big difference.

Taliban Afghanistan was an Islamic theocracy, Malaysia is a secular democracy where the majority of people are muslim. There's a big difference.

i disagree. malaysian muslims have no choice as to whether they are ruled by islamic laws or secular laws. once a muslim always a muslim, EVEN in "moderate" malaysia.