Dec to Feb, Soi Buakao

swissie

Contemplating spending Winter-Months Dec, Jan, Feb in Pattaya. Preferably Soi Buakao / Soi Honey.  Expats, living there, may want to recommend Hotel / Guesthouse

Next to basic-comforts, good in-house Internet Connection is of major importance. Price up to 12'000 Bht / Month (or less :))

To avoid conflict with advertising rules, may have to PM me.

Thx & cheers.

Best way is to book or go and look for something, anything for a week, then spend that week looking for the real deal.

One man's pleasure is another's hell.

The Sawasdees used to be OK, but they got the urge to up the price to ridiculous levels. They might give a discount for long term though.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Best way is to book or go and look for something, anything for a week, then spend that week looking for the real deal.

One man's pleasure is another's hell.

The Sawasdees used to be OK, but they got the urge to up the price to ridiculous levels. They might give a discount for long term though.

Quote:" Best way is to book or go and look for something, anything for a week, then spend that week looking for the real deal."

- This is probably the best way to go about it. Can pay more then 12'000, but I don't want to. After all, this is Pattaya and not Monaco and I'd rather spend my money on "other things". Don't need swimming pool. During this time of year, fan room would be sufficient. But can't do without good internet connection.

I mentioned Soi Buakao, but can also be little soi adjacent to Soi Buakao.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, swissie said:

Quote:" Best way is to book or go and look for something, anything for a week, then spend that week looking for the real deal."

- This is probably the best way to go about it. Can pay more then 12'000, but I don't want to. After all, this is Pattaya and not Monaco and I'd rather spend my money on "other things". Don't need swimming pool. During this time of year, fan room would be sufficient. But can't do without good internet connection.

I mentioned Soi Buakao, but can also be little soi adjacent to Soi Buakao.

Cheers.

You think Monaco or any livable place on this planet rents rooms for $342 per MONTH, electricity, water, internet and cable included in high season for short term rental?

5 minutes ago, volka said:

You think Monaco or any livable place on this planet rents rooms for $342 per MONTH, electricity, water, internet and cable included in high season for short term rental?

Sharp observation. No, can not have in Monaco. We are talking about Pattaya, Thailand. Thailand is a3rd world country, located in S/E Asia. If you don't believe me, go to ="Google Maps".

Cheers.

19 minutes ago, swissie said:

Sharp observation. No, can not have in Monaco. We are talking about Pattaya, Thailand. Thailand is a3rd world country, located in S/E Asia. If you don't believe me, go to ="Google Maps".

Cheers.

Not interested in getting into a silly debate with you, but do try to use some logic and common sense.

Good rooms do not come with "fans" only

Fan only rooms, do not have reliable internet

Street with heavy foot traffic flow does not have "fan only" rooms

Cheap places do not provide reliable internet

Rooms for Thai will not rent to a tourist even less so for 3 months and EVEN if someone will, they will double the price and you will have to get your own internet, which you will NOT be able to get on tourist visa for 3 months use, plus pay a 2 months room deposit,which you will NOT be getting back.

and most importantly, why on earth would any hotel or guesthouse rent out their room during the peak of high season when rooms are in high demand for half the price or cheap price.

8 minutes ago, Stardust314 said:

A real research expert. Try reading the advert, 6 months contract or a year as MINIMUM, 2 months deposit PLUS all utilities. Internet in condo's is hardly reliable when 15 mbps shared between 300 units and most importantly in the "cheap" price range located away from Soi Buakhao or Walking, so add more expense on taxi or baht bus, plus the cleaning 

'

Maybe check out Lek Apartments in Soi Diana, across the road from Family Bar (maybe changed name with new owner). They advertise rooms 550Baht all year round but do deals for monthly stays. Mostly long termers there and an acquaintance says it's no frills, but okay, and has decent wifi.

21 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Look at Diana-Oasis which has 2 pools and large gardens. Meow, the manager also has studios she rents for owners. It is all on her websites. But might be fully booked. Hope you find something nice. MS>

That place is hit or miss.  Some rooms are OK but many are owned and furnished by different owners so be sure you view it first.  Also, they do that includes breakfast thing which I hate since it is a crappy breakfast and I rarely eat that.  Location wise it is pretty good and the pools are OK.  Note that in back of the nicer rooms there is more of the condo/hotel type of building that is not handled by Meow.  That is even more hit and miss but is worth a look.  I stayed there once for a week and it was adequate.

On 8/9/2016 at 6:48 PM, volka said:

Not interested in getting into a silly debate with you, but do try to use some logic and common sense.

Good rooms do not come with "fans" only

Fan only rooms, do not have reliable internet

Street with heavy foot traffic flow does not have "fan only" rooms

Cheap places do not provide reliable internet

Rooms for Thai will not rent to a tourist even less so for 3 months and EVEN if someone will, they will double the price and you will have to get your own internet, which you will NOT be able to get on tourist visa for 3 months use, plus pay a 2 months room deposit,which you will NOT be getting back.

and most importantly, why on earth would any hotel or guesthouse rent out their room during the peak of high season when rooms are in high demand for half the price or cheap price.

You have just described the Pattaya of 10 years ago (when high season was really high season.)  We are now writing the year of the lord 2016.

Cheers.

Maybe slightly higher budget (around 14k) but You could give The English Rose in Soi Chaiyapoon,same Soi the Oasis agogo is on about 80m from Soi Baukao. Internet is as steady though like all places I have ever stayed it's not bullet proof. 2 size rooms basic but clean and tidy, large downstairs bar that is always quiet and a good place to sit and relax, sexy massage places galore across the road and if you have a smaller back room it's quiet enough except maybe on those  party nights at that time of year.

On 8/9/2016 at 11:22 PM, swissie said:

Cheers.

Just for your information, I live here permanently for 25k per month. Add Electricity, water and Internet and I'm way over 30K... and you're expecting a nice place for 12k per month including all services?

My place is not a palace and is just middle of the road as far as monthly rentals go. Obviously this is a matter of personal standards as we probably have vastly different ideas of "nice".

Thailand is not a 3rd world country, not even close. Perhaps that misconception has clouded your budget?

Actually you can get a nice studio for around 10k , in a condo with a pool. But not in soi buakao . If you look 500-600 meters away from that area , there's plenty of options .

You don't have to live in the middle of it for 3 months , sounds like a nightmare.   

On 8/14/2016 at 0:40 PM, tropo said:

Just for your information, I live here permanently for 25k per month. Add Electricity, water and Internet and I'm way over 30K... and you're expecting a nice place for 12k per month including all services?

My place is not a palace and is just middle of the road as far as monthly rentals go. Obviously this is a matter of personal standards as we probably have vastly different ideas of "nice".

Thailand is not a 3rd world country, not even close. Perhaps that misconception has clouded your budget?

You are renting for 25'000. Let's see what 25'000 p/M buys these days:
- 2 story house, 440 square meters (132 living space), surrounded by solid wall. 4 bedrooms/3 bathrooms, fully furnished, in every room TV & DVD. Location: very near Big C Extra      . = 25'000 Bht. For that price, I hope you live in a mansion like this.
I, on the other hand, am merely looking for a room in a hotel / guesthouse. Comparing apples with oranges?

- No matter what the TAT tells us, Thailand IS a 3rd world country. Look at the power lines in front of your window, the potholes in the street, the inefficient government apparatus etc, etc, etc. (The symptoms to qualify as a 3rd world country are just too numerous.)

Otherwise, my dear Tropo, I like your posts just fine.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, swissie said:

You are renting for 25'000. Let's see what 25'000 p/M buys these days:
- 2 story house, 440 square meters (132 living space), surrounded by solid wall. 4 bedrooms/3 bathrooms, fully furnished, in every room TV & DVD. Location: very near Big C Extra      . = 25'000 Bht. For that price, I hope you live in a mansion like this.
I, on the other hand, am merely looking for a room in a hotel / guesthouse. Comparing apples with oranges?

- No matter what the TAT tells us, Thailand IS a 3rd world country. Look at the power lines in front of your window, the potholes in the street, the inefficient government apparatus etc, etc, etc. (The symptoms to qualify as a 3rd world country are just too numerous.)

Otherwise, my dear Tropo, I like your posts just fine.

Cheers.

There's a big difference between short term and long term...... I'm sure that you understand that. especially short term in the peak season. Let us know how you get on.