Bomb rips through hospital emergency ward in Quetta, Pakistan

webfact

Bomb rips through hospital emergency ward in Quetta, Pakistan

606x341_340750.jpg

QUETTA: -- There were scenes of chaos after a powerful bomb exploded in a Pakistani hospital’s emergency ward killing dozens of mourners.

More than 100 lawyers and journalists had gathered to accompany the body of prominent lawyer Bilal Anwar Kasi who was shot and killed last week. His body had been brought to the hospital shortly before the blast.

The explosion happened in the city of Quetta, the capital of a province that’s seen increasing violence linked to a separatist insurgency.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility and the motive for the attack was not clear.

Quetta has long been a base for the Afghan Taliban, where its leaders met regularly.

In May, the group’s leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour was killed by a US drone strike while travelling to Quetta from the Pakistan-Iran border.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-09

The motive for the attack was not clear ? Duh ? They were lawyers, isn,t that reason enough ? As a kid I used to think that lawyers must be upright pillars of society, there to uphold the law, but have since observed that many of them are the most disgusting creatures to crawl this earth. There are some good ones though, and to them I apologise and say "Keep up the good work" :)

"The motive for the attack was not clear..." So, it's true. The numbness has set in. We really can't see that this iis just one more symptom of the same cancer we see every day, every where, across planet earth. 'Nothing to see here folks, move along.'

"...motive...attack not clear..." Un f...ing believable. It's come to this...the west= "authorities are unclear why..." Have humans ever walked so headlong into oblivion? This is numbness by graduation. French official atTes looks like we're going to have to just get used to terrorism. Germany...essentially the same. Pakistan...motives unclear...Humans daily purchase the future their inheriting by stupidity and willful blindness to barbarity. 

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

The motive for the attack was not clear ? Duh ? They were lawyers, isn,t that reason enough ? As a kid I used to think that lawyers must be upright pillars of society, there to uphold the law, but have since observed that many of them are the most disgusting creatures to crawl this earth. There are some good ones though, and to them I apologise and say "Keep up the good work" :)

Let me get this right - you are saying that they were targetted because they were lawyers, and lawyers are 'disgusting creatures'. Are you seriously trying to justify this attack based upon their profession?

Could it not be that lawyers in Pakistan represent the educated, western facing, modern Pakistan that is not held in feudalism or bound so tightly by religious intolerance?

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

hi phanomfiddler

revenge seems to be the motive in this case. it was a planned attack. unfortunately a hospital got targeted.