Apple Watch repair

bubba

I have an Apple Watch here with a cracked face. I have the part (digitiser) and thought I would DIY, but having watched the video and thought about it, I think it may be risky.

I have looked around and so far have not found a shop that would do the repair. Does anybody know of one in Bangkok, before I go to MBK and start asking around?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the idea, Jimmy. Already checked with an official Apple Repair shop. They want 9500 baht to do the repair. With the price of a new one not much more than that, plus with the Watch 2 predicted to be released this month, I was hoping to find a shop who could do it for much less than that.

Incidentally, how easy (or hard) is it to crack the face of an Apple watch?  

I've been eyeing them since before they came out, just about ready to spring for one.   However, issues of durability are important to me.  

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

BUMP & FFW to Jan 2018... 

Where can I get an Apple Watch fixed in Bangkok ? Anyone with first hand experience? (of course, I'll try MBK).

My Wife's Apple Watch 2 has stopped working - it will not charge (I suspect the battery requires replacement). 

I will first go to an Apple repair centre but given the information in this thread I'm not willing to pay out 9500 baht on a repair when a new watch is just a little more. 

As to the questions of the durability of the Apple Watch - I've been wearing one since mid 2015 and have faced no issues - I think its fairly durable. I've stopped wearing any of the other watches I've owned because the 'smart watches' are so convenient (with the exception of charging it!)

Since I posted this thread, I looked far and wide and was never able to find a shop that could repair my broken watch face. Given the replacement cost here in THB (9500 THB), and the cost of a new one in HKG was actually cheaper (8118 THB in HKG), I just chucked it and bought a new one at the Apple shop in HKG airport as I was arriving on a trip there.

Archived