Motorbike License/registration Cost

walker

I dont know about small bikes but a green book (registration" for 400cc is 70,000 baht.

This is why vehicles are so expensive in Thailand.

You may be better off paying the 200B fine for not having a number plate

What have you been smoking in tha back your little flower boutique?

The registration on a car is only 3000baht,

so a bike will be less.

Check the green registration book that will show what has been paid year by year.

I seems to drop a little each year as the vehicle gets older.

Sorry, I thought he was asking the cost of registering a new vehicle or an imported vehicle.

The cost of getting a registration (license plate) is around 70,000 baht.

If you import a vehicle and want to register it in Thailand or you buy an unregistred bike and want to get a plate its 70,000 baht. This may be less for small motor bikes.

• 3 weeks later...
I dont know about small bikes but a green book (registration" for 400cc is 70,000 baht.

This is why vehicles are so expensive in Thailand.

You may be better off paying the 200B fine for not having a number plate

Really? 200 bht? No more risk than that for not having a number plate? so nice!

Thanks.

Where I live, Chiang Mai you can't move for big bikes with no number plates.They even rent them with no plates.

What's happened is they have been brought in from Japan in bits and built up here but not registered.

I was thinking about buying one so I asked the guy about it and he said no problem I said if it's no probem get it registered that's when the fun starts.

I know it's 200 baht if you are stopped but technically they can impound the bike then what do you do?

So you pays your money and you take your chances.

Where I live, Chiang Mai you can't move for big bikes with no number plates.They even rent them with no plates.

What's happened is they have been brought in from Japan in bits and built up here but not registered.

I was thinking about buying one so I asked the guy about it and he said no problem I said if it's no probem get it registered that's when the fun starts.

I know it's 200 baht if you are stopped but technically they can impound the bike then what do you do?

Very true Maerim. They come in as spare parts, and as such do not constitute a fully imported bike, and it's impossible to register a bike that doesn't legally exist. So they just keep ridin' 'em. Yes Chiangmai is overburdened with unregistered "big bikes"

I often wonder what would happen if one got really stacked!! :o

• 1 year later...

Very true Maerim. They come in as spare parts, and as such do not constitute a fully imported bike, and it's impossible to register a bike that doesn't legally exist. So they just keep ridin' 'em. Yes Chiangmai is overburdened with unregistered "big bikes"

If I buy an unregistered bike, what possible problems may I encounter trying to get it registered, is there a case where it may not be possible due to some red tape.

If I buy an unregistered bike, what possible problems may I encounter trying to get it registered, is there a case where it may not be possible due to some red tape.

What I have found out so far is that as long as you have an import invoice with all the correct numbers (chassis, engine, VIN) it will be no problem getting it registered...........................any comments

Just cost me 2850 Baht to transfer title,new registration and insurance for a Honda 150 RR.

IF you have the import papers and ALL numbers match, then you can register the bike in Thailand but it will cost you plenty depending on the size of the bike with the bigger bikes costing more.

Just cost me 2850 Baht to transfer title,new registration and insurance for a Honda 150 RR.

IF you have the import papers and ALL numbers match, then you can register the bike in Thailand but it will cost you plenty depending on the size of the bike with the bigger bikes costing more.

it's a cbr 1100xx, i've been told it could be as much as 70,000baht