Armed robber vaults counter pointing gun at female bank staff

webfact

Armed robber vaults counter pointing gun at female bank staff

p4.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- An armed robber made off with 400,000 baht after vaulting the counter of a Thanachart Bank branch in the Bangkapi area of Bangkok yesterday evening.

The robbery happened at CDC (Crystal Design) shopping center on the Ram Intra - At Narong Road, reported Daily News.

A man aged about 30-35 in a full face motorcycle helmet entered the bank and threatened staff with a black gun. Yelling at tellers to stay clear he emptied four drawers containing about 100,000 baht each filling a bag he brought with him.

He then ran out to an accomplice waiting on a motorcycle and they both disappeared. The whole robbery took less than a minute.

The robber had been seen just seconds before making a phone call at some stairs beside the bank before he entered to commit the robbery.

Chok Chai police are investigating.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-12

30 minutes ago, fish monger said:

Seeing someone walk through the door wearing a full face helmet would give me pause...No silent alarm...?

And what good would a silent alarm be when the culprit was gone in one minute's time??  One could expect the police to respond no sooner than one or two decades (though since it was evening, most of the police would be hard pressed to leave their bottles of booze for any reason)!  :burp:

17 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

....hmmm....

...no guard.....???

...strange.....seems too easy......

They were professionals. They probably had been watching the guards actions for a long time. Maybe his morning crap time or lunchtime stroll to the somtam seller. Maybe he was paid off, or threatened. Usually successful robberies are an inside job. They won't catch this guy.

10 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

They were professionals. They probably had been watching the guards actions for a long time. Maybe his morning crap time or lunchtime stroll to the somtam seller. Maybe he was paid off, or threatened. Usually successful robberies are an inside job. They won't catch this guy.

Bonnie and Clyde were professionals.

14 minutes ago, halloween said:

Making a phone call wearing a full-face helmet?? I wonder if they will check the calls made from that phone at that time. He might just have been stupid enough to call home or the g/f.

Do you think he'd be stupid enough to give them his telephone?

Surprises me banks here don't get robbed by the hour with such feeble security measures.  Try what he did in Britain and he would smash his face on bullet proof glass or on iron bars.  He would also have found himself locked inside the bank by the time he turned around as all doors are locked by one switch the minute anything happens that looks suspicious.

Thailand the ''Amateur'' hub of Asia !

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Surprises me banks here don't get robbed by the hour with such feeble security measures.  Try what he did in Britain and he would smash his face on bullet proof glass or on iron bars.  He would also have found himself locked inside the bank by the time he turned around as all doors are locked by one switch the minute anything happens that looks suspicious.

Most of the banks I went into this summer in the uk seemed more like an apple store than a bank. Very open plan these days. 

Edited by Bluespunk

19 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Maybe there will be more attempts following the success of this one.

Fair play to this opportunist thief he's grabbing his fair share hope the chap sails off into the sunset with a bug fat cigar. A great robbery, no injuries a great example of how to rob a bank and all in under a minute. Ok 8k not a massive amount but this chaps onto bigger and better. 

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Fair play to this opportunist thief he's grabbing his fair share hope the chap sails off into the sunset with a bug fat cigar. A great robbery, no injuries a great example of how to rob a bank and all in under a minute. Ok 8k not a massive amount but this chaps onto bigger and better. 

I'd rather see him pinned to the ceiling by a pop-up screen. But I don't think they have them here.