London schoolgirl who joined ISIL killed in Syria

webfact

London schoolgirl who joined ISIL killed in Syria

606x341_341098.jpg

RAQQA: -- Kadiza Sultana, one of three British schoolgirls who left London last year to join ISIL, has reportedly died in Syria.

Attorney Tasnime Akunjee said her family learned of her death in Raqqa, Syria, a few weeks ago.

She was believed to have been killed by a Russian air strike in Raqqa, the group’s stronghold in the country, ITV News reported on Thursday.

Sultana was 17 years old and, according to her family, died just as she was making plans to flee the war-torn country and return to Britain.

“One would hope that the only benefit out of this is – as a tombstone and testament to others, that these are the risks actually involved in going to a war zone – to dissuade people from ever making that choice really,” Akunjee said.

In February 2015, Sultana and two other schoolgirls from east London boarded a flight to Turkey and then a bus to the Syrian border.

Sultana’s family was told she married an ISIL fighter in Syria – and became a widow within months.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-12

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Poor misguided lass. I hope the Met turn the tables on her 'oursole'  irresponsible parents and have them thoroughly investigated for allowing this to happen to their daughter though no doubt the leftist terrorist huggers will be on to them to sue the Met 'for allowing 'this to happen' to their darling'....:blink:

Edited by Merylhighground

13 minutes ago, Merylhighground said:

Poor misguided lass. I hope the Met turn the tables on her 'oursole'  irresponsible parents and have them thoroughly investigated for allowing this to happen to their daughter though no doubt the leftist terrorist huggers will be on to them to sue the Met 'for allowing 'this to happen' to their darling'....:blink:

What about those parents whose kids do drugs, steal, commit violent crimes, or generally engage in serious misbehavior?  I guess the police should be investigating them, too.

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

What about those parents whose kids do drugs, steal, commit violent crimes, or generally engage in serious misbehavior?  I guess the police should be investigating them, too.

I'd say becoming an 'emeny of the state/potential terrorist' is a tad more serious than the typical teenage 'crimes' you list.....

For many years i worked with and lived amongst muslims , the children learn from the parents , and to be brutaly honest ,they on the whole do not think much of anyone that does not believe in their version of the fairy story , if the parents were better people and did not look down on us then perhaps the kids might do the same .

51 minutes ago, Merylhighground said:

Yes, foolish child.

I'm anti Muslim but she was a child after all.

Some posters here are not fit to be parents

Expressing joy at the death of of a misguided child is pretty low....

43 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Not a fan of drugs myself.

But to compare a cannabis smoker to a jihadist sinks to a new low.

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Yes, foolish child.

In the UK at age 16 you are an adult and can do whatever you like (except vote).

Your parents no longer have any say or legal rights in your life.

Edited by MissAndry

1 minute ago, MissAndry said:

In the UK at age 16 you are an adult and can do whatever you like (except vote).

I'll bet you're not a parent!

3 minutes ago, MissAndry said:

I'll bet you're not a parent!

Actually, it's 18! In my view 21 was preferable and increasing....

12 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Yes, foolish child.

Generally I would be supportive of any and all law abiding Muslims however by the time she and her friends headed east the intent of ISIS was clear to all and sundry. She may have been terribly naive but she knew the goals of the organisation she was seeking to join.

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Generally I would be supportive of any and all law abiding Muslims however by the time she and her friends headed east the intent of ISIS was clear to all and sundry. She may have been terribly naive but she knew the goals of the organisation she was seeking to join.

So come on. Don't beat about the bush.

Are you celebrating the death of a silly girl or not?