Not Paid Company Fees in 9 months...WP & Visa Expiring

So as the title said, I havent paid anything to my accountant for about 9 months, I had a work permit valid until next month and my visa which also runs out then. I presume the company would have been turned dormant?

What are my best options? If I just did nothing with that company or accountant and opened a new one would the director of that company get in trouble? Or can I pay outstanding fees and get things back together again. If so, what kinda fees am I looking at :S

Thanks!

The revenue department is going to be all over the shareholders / directors of the existing company. I am surprised that you have not heard from them already. Companies do not go dormant in Thailand until they are properly closed and wound up with the revenue department. You probably won't get a new work permit until all of your taxes, social security et al are paid in full from the "job" that you already have.

Best advice - get square with them as soon as possible. Once you are on their radar, you will be there forever.

Edited by bino

Ask your accountant. They will be the best and most definitive source of information about Thai law and the revenue department. There will definitely be a lot of fees and penalties to be paid for late reporting.

My accountant unfortunately is pretty useless :( I just used them cause my first ever employer got me a work permit with them so was easier. They can't speak a word of english and I don't really trust them so trying to get a bit of info before I go in to the hellfire!!! Thankyou for the advice :)  

I think I'm a director but possibly not, it was setup in typical fashion for me to get a work permit and work legally, went away for quite a long time, came back heard nothing... head in sand... now judgement day is coming! I don't want to leave any trouble for the shareholders who helped me out so looks like I gotta just go pay for the old one. Just dont trust my accountant to give me the best deal even if it is my fault I'm in this situation!