Studying English In Thailand To Get A Degree?

tekstilna

Hello everyone!

I am new here, firstly I would like to greet everyone properly.... :D , sooo, Sawatdee Kaa :D to you all...

Now, in haven't found anywhere else to post this topic, therefore am writing it here. If it's supposed to be moved then.... :o

I am 20years old, form Europe, and will be going to Thailand, first to work as a voluenteer, teaching Thai children English for two months...or three...What's next is:

I have firmly made a decision to stay in Thailand and get a degree in english to, in the end, get a job as an english teacher ofcourse. Please do not try to advise me to think about it again, becuase my decision if firm and it is based on my strong respect towards Thais and their culture. I feel I need to go there and do my small deed as a teacher of english.

What I wish to know is....is it a good idea to study in Thailand? Do they have good courses? Do they take foreniers as their students? Would is it be better if I go to UK and get a degree there for example? Is there anybody here with such experiences? Can anyone give me some advice?

Do not ask me why do I not get it here in my own country...I know why :D cause' simply saying everyone here are pricks. :D Including schooling system....that is the worst part.

Also I am modest, I am alone (will be), am full off respect (can't say that for people around me) very adjustable therefore won't have lots of troubles....and am just seeking a simple, happy, interesting....

Tnx very much,

TS

There are a couple of other threads here in the teaching forum where a few others including myself have posted information about studying here. Have a read through those. Feel free to send me a personal message here and I will tell you about my experience studying in a university in Bangkok.

It's not as unusual an idea as a some think.

Look at the post that says: "Is There Such Thing as an Easy Degree?"

Edited by mbkudu

Hello everyone!

I am new here, firstly I would like to greet everyone properly.... :D , sooo, Sawatdee Kaa :D to you all...

Now, in haven't found anywhere else to post this topic, therefore am writing it here. If it's supposed to be moved then.... :o

I am 20years old, form Europe, and will be going to Thailand, first to work as a voluenteer, teaching Thai children English for two months...or three...What's next is:

I have firmly made a decision to stay in Thailand and get a degree in english to, in the end, get a job as an english teacher ofcourse. Please do not try to advise me to think about it again, becuase my decision if firm and it is based on my strong respect towards Thais and their culture. I feel I need to go there and do my small deed as a teacher of english.

What I wish to know is....is it a good idea to study in Thailand? Do they have good courses? Do they take foreniers as their students? Would is it be better if I go to UK and get a degree there for example? Is there anybody here with such experiences? Can anyone give me some advice?

Do not ask me why do I not get it here in my own country...I know why :D cause' simply saying everyone here are pricks. :D Including schooling system....that is the worst part.

Also I am modest, I am alone (will be), am full off respect (can't say that for people around me) very adjustable therefore won't have lots of troubles....and am just seeking a simple, happy, interesting....

Tnx very much,

TS

Hi Teacher Susan (TS)