Transfer details Yellow Book

chenposeb

Hi,

How easy is it to transfer details on the yellow book?

I have been getting really annoyed with my FIL who finds it really funny to keep 'forgetting' to register me when I come back on my new Visa.

Immigration keep fining me, I keep telling him to remember to send the details and he doesn't, because he knows I will just pay the fine.

I have a rented accommodation in a separate district (not far though as I live on the borders of 2 districts) which I use a little from time to time, I find I am using it more often, and the landlord strikes me as being a little more organised.

My driving license is also registered at the old address. My other fear is that FIL tries to blackmail me by threatening to take me off his house list whenever he wants something.

Sorry for giving you a story, but I was hoping to save a lot of wasted replies as to why it is important for me to do it.

You do not transfer a YTB. They are address specific. What you have to do is go the amphur office that your YTB is issued from and they will give you a letter to your new amphur office which you will need to show your new address. You will be issued a new YTB with the old info added into your new YTB and then you old YTB will show you as living there. You return the old YTB to the original address  as there is only 1 YTB per address. This is what I did.

17 hours ago, chenposeb said:

Immigration keep fining me, I keep telling him to remember to send the details and he doesn't, because he knows I will just pay the fine.

Completing the TM30 is the landlord's job, not yours - he should be getting fined, not you.

11 hours ago, happynthailand said:

why not just get a pink id card?

same as yellow book,only better

They are not the same.

You must have a YTB, Work permit, or have PR status in order to obtain the pink ID card.

The ID card contains details about your person, which will never alter, although your address could.

The YTB is proof of your registered address.

24 minutes ago, Faz said:

They are not the same.

You must have a YTB, Work permit, or have PR status in order to obtain the pink ID card.

The ID card contains details about your person, which will never alter, although your address could.

The YTB is proof of your registered address.

And the pink Id is no different than the YTB. If you move you have go to your old and new amphora to have it transferred. 

16 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

True, but not in this situation.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I see the situation, the OP's Immigration office require a new TM30 completing each time he returns to Thailand. The FIL doesn't complete a TM30 and as the OP is the only one present at the Imm office, he is being asked to pay the fine.

That's not unusual, reported many times on TV.

To avoid paying fines, the OP is quite within the law to complete his own TM30, as the 'tenant' and in the reluctance or absence of the FIL to comply.

5 minutes ago, Faz said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I see the situation, the OP's Immigration office require a new TM30 completing each time he returns to Thailand. The FIL doesn't complete a TM30 and as the OP is the only one present at the Imm office, he is being asked to pay the fine.

That's not unusual, reported many times on TV.

To avoid paying fines, the OP is quite within the law to complete his own TM30, as the 'tenant' and in the reluctance or absence of the FIL to comply.

Its the discretion of the IO. This is a no win for OP.

4 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

Yep, that sounds like a plan, but he should only have to complete the TM30 once for that address, not each time he returns.

Unfortunately, some Immigration offices require completion of a new TM30 each time you vacate your residence for longer than 24 hours.

You can often get away with it, for example visiting friends elsewhere in Thailand, but having an exit and re-entry stamp in your passport gives the game away.

My own Immigration office doesn't want to know if I take a break within Thailand, but they insist on a new TM30 if I leave the Country and return to take up residence again. Depends on the office in question.

11 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Its the discretion of the IO. This is a no win for OP.

Under the law, a TM30 should be completed by the 'House Master'

The House Master is defined under section 4 as;

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

I've completed 3 TM30's so far, without the raise of an eyebrow from any of the IO's.

I get the impression as long as one is completed, they don't question who signs it.

56 minutes ago, Faz said:

Under the law, a TM30 should be completed by the 'House Master'

The House Master is defined under section 4 as;

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

I've completed 3 TM30's so far, without the raise of an eyebrow from any of the IO's.

I get the impression as long as one is completed, they don't question who signs it.

Not necessarily. It depends on your Immigration office. The OP is out of Nong Khai and that immigration offices has a reputation of being somewhat dubious. :w00t:The complaints about that location are only 2 nd to Surin Immigration.:whistling:

30 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Not necessarily. It depends on your Immigration office. The OP is out of Nong Khai and that immigration offices has a reputation of being somewhat dubious. :w00t:The complaints about that location are only 2 nd to Surin Immigration.:whistling:

It is at least another possible option for the OP to try, and he won't know if he never tries.

Personally, I'd attempt to get a new YTB from his other address, just so that he can prove to his controlling FIL that he is 'surplus to requirements' and the OP can stand on his own two feet.

For me it would be a matter of principal.

1 hour ago, khwaibah said:

He has more potential problems. Attitude of his partner for him being a cheap Charlie towards the fl and Nong Khai Immigration.:rolleyes:

Nah! I think most Thai women know which side of their bread is buttered.   :thumbsup:

I take it that checking at the local Amphoe here would be better before just being left without a YTB? as it was a real bugger to get first time round. I also have to go get a new visa next month anyway.

1 hour ago, chenposeb said:

I take it that checking at the local Amphoe here would be better before just being left without a YTB? as it was a real bugger to get first time round. I also have to go get a new visa next month anyway.

Yes. Check with your existing amphur on their requirements for transfer then check with your potential new amphur on their requirements. As I stated in my original post is what worked for me but this being Thailand it could be different for you.

3 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Yes. Check with your existing amphur on their requirements for transfer then check with your potential new amphur on their requirements. As I stated in my original post is what worked for me but this being Thailand it could be different for you.

It is a standard procedure throughout Thailand if the new address is in a different Amphur.

Exactly the same for us as it is for Thais.

This is the form you should get from your Amphur to take to the new one.

Tabian Baan Form..JPG

Edited by Faz

10 hours ago, Faz said:

It is a standard procedure throughout Thailand if the new address is in a different Amphur.

Exactly the same for us as it is for Thais.

This is the form you should get from your Amphur to take to the new one.

Tabian Baan Form..JPG

When we moved to our new house in Lamphun, my girlfriend just went to the local amphur to have her address moved to the new blue tabien bahn. She had no contact with the old amphur in Lampang where she was registered before, nor did she have to fill out any form.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

1 minute ago, Faz said:

So what did she do with the Blue Book from the previous address?

Nothing. The blue book from her former address in Lampang is with her mother and sister, who is still living in the family house. The amphur in Lamphun just changed her address to our new house, and presumably she will be removed from the old blue book if/when her mother ever goes to her amphur in Lampang to update the book.

Sophon

5 hours ago, Sophon said:

Nothing. The blue book from her former address in Lampang is with her mother and sister, who is still living in the family house. The amphur in Lamphun just changed her address to our new house, and presumably she will be removed from the old blue book if/when her mother ever goes to her amphur in Lampang to update the book.

Sophon

That's a different scenario Sophon!

Your g/f was only named in someone else book. She wasn't the 'ChowBaan' of the household.

Her Mother was probably the principal house book holder.

Her Mother would have to visit her Amphur and have her daughters name removed from that book, then your g/f can apply for a blue book at the new address in the new Amphur as the principal holder............no forms required from the old Amphur.

The new Amphur would just check the Nationality Register to make sure she had been removed from the book at her old address before issuing her, her own book.

The topic was how to transfer details from someone already being the principal named holder of a Tabian Baan, albeit a Yellow book in this situation. In this case the house book owner cannot transfer his/her details to another book, they must surrender the old book and apply for a new book. The procedure we mentioned was to cover that situation.

By law you can only be named in one book at one address.