Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour (WP3)

Hello everyone. I'm currently in a process of obtaining Non-B visa. One of the required documents is Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. I understand that my prospective employer should apply WP3 form to the Ministry of Labour. So I just wonder is this Letter of approval issued back right after submission or it takes some time to get it? And how does it look like? Is it a some kind of receipt or what?

If you are here already they will apply using a WP1. The WP3 is used when you are outside the country.

The work permit application approval letter should be done shortly after the application is done dependent upon where it is applied for.

On 8/16/2016 at 3:56 AM, ubonjoe said:

If you are here already they will apply using a WP1. The WP3 is used when you are outside the country.

The work permit application approval letter should be done shortly after the application is done dependent upon where it is applied for.

Thanks for responding. I'm outside. I need this letter of approval for getting working visa. So what exactly do you mean by shortly? 2-3 days? A week?

1 hour ago, moscowart said:

Thanks for responding. I'm outside. I need this letter of approval for getting working visa. So what exactly do you mean by shortly? 2-3 days? A week?

Dependent upon where it was applied for it could be from 1 to 3 days. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, moscowart said:

Thanks. Do you have any idea how it should look like? Is it a blue piece of paper? Like this one? http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/doc/receipt.jpg

No that's a WP Application receipt - used to be accepted in lieu of the Letter of Approval, but nowadays you will normally be asked for the LOA.

The letter of Approval is an  A4 letter all in Thai and signed by the Head of your local Labour Department, it can sometimes take longer to produce than 3 days in the provinces.

18 hours ago, digitalchromakey said:

No that's a WP Application receipt - used to be accepted in lieu of the Letter of Approval, but nowadays you will normally be asked for the LOA.

The letter of Approval is an  A4 letter all in Thai and signed by the Head of your local Labour Department, it can sometimes take longer to produce than 3 days in the provinces.

Thanks for reply. So it even doesn't have my name on it? Do they any example on the web? Or do you know how can I google it by myself in Thai? I just want to make sure that it's what I need when I get it.

9 hours ago, moscowart said:

Thanks for reply. So it even doesn't have my name on it? Do they any example on the web? Or do you know how can I google it by myself in Thai? I just want to make sure that it's what I need when I get it.

The Letter of Approval is specific to your application and contains your name in Thai, it is not a pro-forma like the WP Receipt.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, xtan12 said:

But my employer has not send me the WP3 yet. It has been 2 weeks. Is there anyway to check on the progress of the application? If not i cant apply my visa from Thai Embassy in Sg.

You employer is the only one that can tell you what is going on with the work permit application.

Two weeks is a long time for the WP3 application. The receipt should be done as soon as the application is accepted.

It has been weeks and they only reply via email that be patience and they are processing the application and it has been pushed back till next week again to be couriered to me. They did not clearly mention why it is taking so long but mentioned to rest assure that they are processing the letter. What is my next step?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have gotten the Wp1 receipt today so I can apply for a non b.

1) How and when does the letter get issued (by mail?)?

2) My employer believes the WP1 receipt is enough to get a non b in Penang. Is there an official webpage for their requirements?

6 hours ago, bkkliving said:

Hi all,

I have gotten the Wp1 receipt today so I can apply for a non b.

1) How and when does the letter get issued (by mail?)?

2) My employer believes the WP1 receipt is enough to get a non b in Penang. Is there an official webpage for their requirements?

I suspect that Penang will want the Letter of Approval (LOA) and will no longer accept the WP1 Receipt alone.

The LOA will be issued by Labour on request once the WP1 application is filed and the WP1 Receipt issued.

This was certainly the case at least five years ago at Penang.

Don't waste your time going to Penang without first obtaining the LOA from Labour. the WP1/WP3 Receipt alone for a new Work Permit not yet issued has not been the SOP at Penang for many years now.

Edited by digitalchromakey