Sick Bangkok couple adopt dozens of cats online, allegedly kill them all

snoop1130

Sick Bangkok couple adopt dozens of cats online, allegedly kill them all

By Coconuts Bangkok

cat_16.jpg

One of the cats that the couple adopted. Photo: Watchdog Thailand

Animal activists have made a plea to police to prosecute a couple in Bangkok after they adopted dozens of cats that needed homes from Facebook posts and are believed to have killed all of the felines.

Animal rights organization Watchdog Thailand filed a complaint with Wangthonglang police on Friday after collecting reports from more than 10 cat owners who gave their cats to a man and never heard an update about the welfare of their felines. 

On Friday, police inspected the couple’s apartment with the latest victim, who had just given her cat to the couple that day without knowing their story. It turns out, they didn’t find the cat at their apartment even though the animal was handed over just a few hours earlier. 

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/08/15/sick-bangkok-couple-adopt-dozens-cats-online-allegedly-kill-them-all

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-08-15

6 hours ago, JJGreen said:

Do they own a restaurant?

I did watch a video about a Chinese restaurant out in the rural areas of china.  Cat was on the menu.  The chef walked out back and down to some cages where cats were kept.  The poor cat knew what was coming as the guy lassoed the cat around the neck and then whacked it on the head with a wooden mallet then while still live dipped it into a pot of hot water or oil.  This helped with the skinning that was done on the far from dead cat that was writhing on the tree stump.  Nothing against eating mammals, most people do eat meat and cows and other creatures are killed.  But still a bit off to watch.

Definitely a couple with some mental issues. I saw an ad on Craigslist for Thailand for someone who would take care of your pet finding a new home for it for 2,000 baht. It kind of bothered me because I don't trust people especially people in Thailand. Meanwhile, there are small stray cats in my area and some huge monitor lizards. I love cats and dogs but I'm not going to get involved. In their case it's going to have to be the survival of the fittest.

13 hours ago, mcfish said:

just a good food cart would go through 50 kilos of chicken a week. thats hell of a lot of dead cats

Takes me back

I remember 11rys ago being a newbie in Thailand stopped at a makeshift pavement restaurant. I asked the somewhat iritated man behind the food trailer what he had to eat. He was so annoyed I had the audacity to ask such a question pointing out dead animals hanging up from hooks. He cut off a few slices of the meat after taking of the tail telling me it was poultry. 

My mates sitting half bevied eating  this shit with rice asked me what it was. I exclaimed that seemingly it was a dead dog called chicken !!

UPDATE:

Crazy 'cat gent' arrested for killing nine cats he adopted

By Coconuts Bangkok

cat_gent1.jpg

Photo: Watchdog Thailand

BANGKOK: -- A man that is quickly emerging as Bangkok's crazy “cat gentleman” was arrested yesterday for killing at least nine cats he adopted via Facebook from posts for animals that needed homes.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/937988-crazy-cat-gent-arrested-for-killing-nine-cats-he-adopted/

This is not a figment of my imagination.  Advertised free cats to good home.  A lady and her children showed up and claimed that she breeds cats and wanted them all.  I let them go, delighted to find them a new home.

Something kept worrying me, the woman's teeth had been filed down to look like the letter (V) instead of flat along the bottom.

Haunts me to this day that the young felines were groomed for the cooking pot.