Police launches “DARE” project to fight drugs and save environment

webfact

Police launches “DARE” project to fight drugs and save environment

dr.jpg

BANGKOK, 16 August 2016 (NNT) - The Royal Thai Police has initiated a campaign to combat drug abuse and save the environment. The campaign was also launched to honor Her Majesty the Queen. 

The opening ceremony of the campaign called “DARE” was chaired by Pol Gen Chalermkiat Srivorakan, the deputy commissioner general of the Royal Thai Police. The event took place at Queen Sirikit Park in Chatuchak district of Bangkok. 

The campaign seeks to rid the Thai community of illicit drugs as well as raise public awareness about environmental problems. It was also meant to honor Her Majesty the Queen who is celebrating her 7th cycle birthday anniversary this year. 

More than 650 students, parents, teachers, and police officers joined the campaign. 

According to the deputy commissioner general, the term “DARE” is used to call police officers who volunteer in educating students and youths about drug abuse, violence and the environment.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-08-16

The U.S. had a DARE program for a few years, it stood for Drug Abuse Resistance Education .... we all got Tshirts in school and stickers etc. it was mocked by "Drugs Are Realy Expensive" shirts. Those guided by science over reactionary emotionalism have learned that humans and many animals have a natural drive to use drugs or alter their perceptions... alcohol, caffine and nicotine are the currentl Govt. sanctioned substances. Suppression of other substances drives the trade and guarantees high prices, profits and criminality. Good luck with this unoriginal failed program, maybe next they can try Nancy Reagan's "just say no" program.

The esteemed posters so far has said it all, nothing to really add to their statements,

is just that the police and the government has to comes out every now and than with

such edicts and proclamations for the public consumptions, to appease and to show

that their taxes are at work, but in reality, not much will change, not now, not ever.....

2 minutes ago, Graemej100 said:

Good luck to Thailand. New Zealand and Australia have had DARE programs for years but they didn't/don't work.

I wonder if Thailand thought to send any of their officials to other countries that have failed with the program to find out why.

Learning from the experience other countries and other people isn't what Thais are good at. They're different. Special.

Winnie

29 minutes ago, Graemej100 said:

Good luck to Thailand. New Zealand and Australia have had DARE programs for years but they didn't/don't work.

I wonder if Thailand thought to send any of their officials to other countries that have failed with the program to find out why.

It has a budget.

Probably medals.

Opportunity to get on telly  sitting behind a decorated table.

Police concerned about rampant drug use and suffering amongst children intheir communities and decide they want to be even more pro-active than just arresting drug dealers so they tske the initiative to start a DARE program to benefit kids.

Ofcourse it is met with only scorn and ridicule by the TVF community that have never done one thing to help Thai children.

11 hours ago, daoyai said:

The U.S. had a DARE program for a few years, it stood for Drug Abuse Resistance Education .... we all got Tshirts in school and stickers etc. it was mocked by "Drugs Are Realy Expensive" shirts. Those guided by science over reactionary emotionalism have learned that humans and many animals have a natural drive to use drugs or alter their perceptions... alcohol, caffine and nicotine are the currentl Govt. sanctioned substances. Suppression of other substances drives the trade and guarantees high prices, profits and criminality. Good luck with this unoriginal failed program, maybe next they can try Nancy Reagan's "just say no" program.

On the contrary, the DARE program was successful in community policing and breaking the barriers down so that kids could interact with police in a positive environment. 

But you would not know anything about that because you don't know jack about much of anything except what you find on the internet.

48 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Police concerned about rampant drug use and suffering amongst children intheir communities and decide they want to be even more pro-active than just arresting drug dealers so they tske the initiative to start a DARE program to benefit kids.

Ofcourse it is met with only scorn and ridicule by the TVF community that have never done one thing to help Thai children.

Dear Mr. Clutch Clark

you know jack about what I or others did to help children here and elsewhere.

And you also seem to know jack about Thai- authorities making big announcements and also doing jack, to achieve any of their goals!

Please come back, when any of the detailed plans to "fight drugs and save environment" have been even a little success!

I guess, we will not hear from you again! 

1 minute ago, DM07 said:

Dear Mr. Clutch Clark

And you also seem to know jack about Thai- authorities making big announcements and also doing jack, to achieve any of their goals!

Please come back, when any of the detailed plans to "fight drugs and save environment" have been even a little success!

Who is "Jack" and what does he have to do with DARE?

Thanks

16 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Dear Mr. Clutch Clark

DM,

I did a google search and Stand corrected, I now see all the volunteer work the TVF community does for children. It looks like I just missed the big July fund raising event but I have time to catch August.

Come on, DM, I never aimed my post at you and obviously if you help Thai kids then my post did not include you but do you really think most of these guys help anonymous Thai kids lead better lives? And obviously I am not talking about the kids of the Thai lady they are dating. That does not count.

10 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

DM,

I did a google search and Stand corrected, I now see all the volunteer work the TVF community does for children. It looks like I just missed the big July fund raising event but I have time to catch August.

Come on, DM, I never aimed my post at you and obviously if you help Thai kids then my post did not include you but do you really think most of these guys help anonymous Thai kids lead better lives? And obviously I am not talking about the kids of the Thai lady they are dating. That does not count.

I don't think that!

But I am also not naive enough, to think, the Thai-police gives a flying fox about this!

If any govenement was genuinely concerned about their citizens using drugs, they'd be asking "why are they taking drugs?"

Oh, right. That's too much hard work. Let's just keep arresting drug dealers to be replaced by another drug dealer, and let's imprison people for putting substances into their bodies. Wanna drink bleach? Go nuts! 

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

The esteemed posters so far has said it all, nothing to really add to their statements,

is just that the police and the government has to comes out every now and than with

such edicts and proclamations for the public consumptions, to appease and to show

that their taxes are at work, but in reality, not much will change, not now, not ever.....

Actually I don't agree that the previous posters have said it all. Nobody has yet asked what the connection is between ridding the Thai community of illicit drugs and raising public awareness about environmental problems. Perhaps one of you fine people could enlighten me?

15 hours ago, The stuttering parrot said:

They have tried everything from death sentences to life in prison and that's worldwide .

A zillion dollar industry who can virtually buy and corrupt the highest in governments anywhere and sadly prey on the weak and disenfranchised to ply their vile trade.

Death sentences to life in prison is hardly everything, there is also not punishing users, rehabilitation and education from before users start, this program seems to be about educating kids, the war is not un-winnable, but it won't be won with deterrents like prison sentences.

1 hour ago, seahorse said:

Actually I don't agree that the previous posters have said it all. Nobody has yet asked what the connection is between ridding the Thai community of illicit drugs and raising public awareness about environmental problems. Perhaps one of you fine people could enlighten me?

The DARE program worldwide is about "teaching students decision making for healthy and safe living", environmemtal issues can also be health issues, in the UK DARE teach kids about the dangers of petrol and starting fires, the program is not only about drugs, it is about all relevant aspects of safety, drugs just features highly as it is a highly relavent concern to young people, in Thailand they should really also be teaching about the danger of water as drowning is the leading cause of death of some age groups,

The Dutch system seems to be working real fine.

We give free dope to the hardcore addicted .....Yep free heroin ........And of course legal ( ah well semi) softdrugs .

The crime rates as well as the rates of harddrugs addictions have dropped significantly after they gave the sheit away for free. Unrest in the streets form addicts hanging around steeling and causing problems has also dropped in huge numbers. 

And decriminalizing soft drugs has made the gap between soft and hard so wide it is not a natural connection anymore, like it is in many countries were drugs are still one of the biggest problems with their population.

But hey that will go right against what they believe has to be done......So good luck to you all people of Thailand.

Ah well as long as it is your doctor selling you the poison , don;t expect him to deliver you the cure too.............

Edited by BuriramDevelopers