Hua Hin back to normal as authorities continue pursuit of bombers

webfact

Hua Hin back to normal as authorities continue pursuit of bombers

PRACHUABKHIRIKAN, 17 August 2016 (NNT) – Prachuabkhirikan province’s Hua Hin district has reportedly returned to normal after experiencing a bombing while the Deputy Police Commander has requested an additional arrest warrant for a suspect in Phuket province. 

Deputy National Police Commander Pol Gen Sriwara Rangsibhramnakul traveled to Nakhon Si Thammarat’s Tesco Lotus branch to inspect the scene of a fire that took place along with a series of explosions ahead of this past weekend. He was informed that the case has progressed significantly with investigators poised to request arrest warrants. The deputy police chief let on a warrant has already been sought for a suspect in Phuket, who he said is also being probed for a possible connection to an incident in Narathiwwat province in 2004. 

Explosive ordinance police have been performing regular sweeps of sites throughout Nakhon Si Thammarat as part of stepped up security after the province’s Tesco Lotus was the site of an attack. 

Meanwhile, Prachuabkhirikan governor Tawee Narissirikul, chaired a meeting for a newly established prevention and protection center against unrest. He stated after the meeting that Hua Hin district has returned to normal, with all schools to reopen. He urged citizens and tourists to be confident in the town’s safety. 

Army Commander Gen Theerachai Nakwanich later assured that the Peace and Order Maintaining Command has adjusted its work plans for greater efficiency while acknowledging that pursuit of those being the bombings was the responsibility of police. He urged the public to contribute to the effort to bring those behind the bombings to justice. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-08-17

9 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Back to normal just minus the tourists.

My thoughts exactly.

Hua Hin has not had a good 2016. First, tourists beaten up, now bombing campaigns. I suspect 'normal' will not be back for a very long time.

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

My thoughts exactly.

Hua Hin has not had a good 2016. First, tourists beaten up, now bombing campaigns. I suspect 'normal' will not be back for a very long time.

TAT

Latest Propaganda ................

Hua Hin back to NORMALISH :coffee1:

I went to HH immigration today and it was the quietest I have seen it in 6 years! Then on the way back I noticed that the police are still combing over the Clock Tower bomb scene, it's still sectioned off and there are the markers down on the ground. Then furthermore the streets re so quiet, I actually prefer it this way of course but the price is not worth it i.e. the bombings. 

why should we be confident we are safe in Hua Hin?

Nobody has been caught, there are no security measures (worthwhile ones anyway)

In my opinion there is a huge risk of further attacks

Just because the local authority says we are safe, does not mean we are.........personally, I will not be going into the city for many weeks to come.......and even then, with extreme caution.......in fact.....I might just move back to Chiang Mai, because its all getting a bit silly here......

Have to agree the authorities not convincing anyone of anything. It's the total contrast with what would happen back in Europe if 4 killed and scores of injuries ( with some very serious). You would see far, far more security especially in tourist areas like Hua Hin. In most  countries they would express alarm, concern etc whereas here it's normality, business as usual or if anything happens it's often not real , just dignitaries, uniforms, pictures of more people in uniforms. No tough security outside big shopping areas, or night areas like the big tourist markets where devices were found. Hua Hin for example should be crawling with police looking after the tourist trade which as reported here has evaporated. Yes more big road blocks may help although I wonder on their value as they are again on the big dual carriageways away from busy tourist footfall. 

2 hours ago, peter48 said:

Have to agree the authorities not convincing anyone of anything. It's the total contrast with what would happen back in Europe if 4 killed and scores of injuries ( with some very serious). You would see far, far more security especially in tourist areas like Hua Hin. In most  countries they would express alarm, concern etc whereas here it's normality, business as usual or if anything happens it's often not real , just dignitaries, uniforms, pictures of more people in uniforms. No tough security outside big shopping areas, or night areas like the big tourist markets where devices were found. Hua Hin for example should be crawling with police looking after the tourist trade which as reported here has evaporated. Yes more big road blocks may help although I wonder on their value as they are again on the big dual carriageways away from busy tourist footfall. 

I remember taking my gf to work on the 13th in the Morning directly through the town centre and to the Market Village, I saw 1 police car the entire journey and that was on the outskirts of town, I saw 2 foot police officers and that was it apart from the booths at the intersections 

12 hours ago, lensta said:

No it's not back to normal. I went to Makro yesterday and there was security checking all cars going in and there was a police road block opposite the airport stopping cars. Back to normal??? BS

Sorry... in Macro they didnt check anything... as in front of the airport where the check point it is desert... with this kind of controls...

However, now am in Bangkok, and believe me the security checks here are ridicolus the same...

In BTS and MRT where thousand people pass every hours the just take a look at bags, not even checking inside... and in the peak moments they also skip to do...

My wife, son and her parents went to HH on Monday and went back to BKK on Wednesday.

When I asked her why they cut short their visit, she said "the place is creepy, nothing like how it used to be, so we left early".

It takes a lot to scare her,  but those damn bombs and her general feeling of being in HH did the trick! 

Still, I hear that a Thai Minister feels that Pokemon Go will save the tourist industry. So, that's alright then. :coffee1:

Archived