Minister Kobkarn hopes Pokemon Go will save Thailand's tourism industry

webfact

46 minutes ago, Phuketboy said:

Once again Thai authority using their brains (or not).  Minister Kobkarn is a complete idiot.  Like most Thai officials, no real business skills and a total lack of intelligence.  I can't believe they let these people run the country although they probably bought their position, in a country where money talks and nothing else matters. 

She is married to one of the trillions of Generals here - so ....    

As to why they let such people run the country: in the final analysis  - and it grieves me to say this -  it is the Thai people - not all of them, but many millions of them - who have allowed all of this to happen and are still allowing it to happen. I don't sense the rage, the fury, the incandescent, volcanic, righteous ferocity at the rape, pillage, repression and utter contempt exercised upon the Thais by a tiny faux-elite. I frequently talk with 'ordinary Thais' (taxi drivers, food-stall holders, factory workers, restaurant hands, etc.) and, while they don't like what is happening here, they are nowhere near as livid as I am - and many other Westerners are - with a burning sense of the injustice of it all. Until the Thais do feel this, until they can no longer contain their righteous rage  - nothing will change. 

Edited by Eligius

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, freebyrd said:

What tourism minister in any other country would make such a juvenile and stupid statement.

Alas it is not just Minister Kobkarn that continuously makes ridiculous statements. The cumulative effect of long not having a society where the best rise to the top but only those born with money and status rise to the top becomes increasingly glaring.

11 hours ago, Plutojames88 said:

Imagine if sanctions hit? 

Would the same people ( impacted ) decide on national TV to announce ""taking our money "" might be justified.? 

In context these remarks by this woman shouldn't just be seen as laughable....they are scary too......

Think about it........they are running a Nation .

I rather suspect that most governments, mindful  of the presence in Thailand of significant numbers of their nationals, are reluctant to impose sanctions for just that  reason. 

After all, the clown jalopy which is the present government needs no help to ensure that the wheels fall off amidst loud honking and clouds of smoke!

Edited by JAG

On 8/17/2016 at 6:37 AM, NongKhaiKid said:

Words Fail   !

About time the people in white lab coats carrying a huge butterfly net came for this lady.

No need.

Once sufficiently embarrassed into another fit of rage, the "generallisimo" will have her carted off.