Buying Gold(the rate on the boards)

When you buy gold, are there any shops that will give the actual price they have on the board? 

I seem to remember this when I first started buying here many years ago but now they seem to give the latest 'online' value.

If I asked to buy say 10 baht, and while buying it, before handing the money over the price went down, what price should I get ?

What I really mean is should I go in and ask the price and then if it goes up I can ask for the original price stated?

They try to screw you, bought some Baht today in CNX. First one put 900B on top of the advertised price, dude standing next said "finish",  that was probably meant to mean for workship....for a bar :-). Left with a "mai pen rai". 

Rip offs are easy to spot. A bit of margin for jewelry is ok, but not for ready made bars. You should get it for the advertised price, slightly more is ok. Got 4 glasses as "present" :-)

5 Baht seem to be in a bit of shortage, needed 5 shops today to find. Insist in certificate/guarantee, at least some paper from the shop, so you can sell it back to them hassle free in the future.

Archived