Police launch measures for Pattaya tourists safety

webfact

Police launch measures for Pattaya tourists safety

CHONBURI, 19 August 2016 (NNT) - Police have launched 17 measures to step up safety for tourists in Pattaya. 

Deputy police chief Pol Gen Wut Liptapanlop presided over the delivery of guidelines and measures for the safety of life and property for Pattaya residents and visitors, following last week's bombing incidents in several southern provinces. 

He disclosed that the 17 measures include administrative measures, investigative measures, preventive measures and suppressive measures. 

All sectors may rest assured that the world-famous beach resort will be cleared of all crimes, including transnational ones, given the tightened measures, he said.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-08-19

How little meaning can one man make in a sentence? He forgot tape measures. What wouldn't you give for a day to be a journalist and be able to question these guys when they make statements? It would be like pulling apart a wet paper bag.

And his last sentence may have earned some kind of trophy for the most asinine comment ever made by a Thai official and we know how stiff the competition is. One assumes then that the Police will no longer allow jetski operators to continue scamming with impunity............

1 hour ago, Inn Between said:

I'd love to hear the 17 measures. I bet many of them really challenge basic logic.  

I don’t understand the logic in wanting the police to reveal, to potential terrorists, exactly what they are going to do to prevent these terrorists to perform terrorist acts???

3 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Why is everything transnational crime now? Or, the other one is human trafficking.

It is like they have to get the latest buzzwords into statements and press releases. 

Except for the that one buzzword "terrorism" which they seem to be struggling to keep out of statements and press releases at all costs.

The main problem with increasing safety of tourists/foreigners in Pattaya is that it depends on police and rule of law. Both of which are of little use and/or barely applied when it comes to the farangs in Thailand.

I watch the police in their pick ups drive up and down Beach Road with their red flashers on. They never stop to actually enforce the laws or prevent crimes. They just drive around. People ignore them. They still park together and blare their stereos under the signs stating that it's a fine to do so. The ladyboys still roam around in small packs looking for the next victim. Gangs of Thai boys ride around like crazy, alone or in groups, cutting off others and running red lights.

Hourdes of Chinese tourists walk around blocking traffic or just walking on the road like it's a sidewalk, causing traffic to swerve out of the way to avoid hitting them. Two story tourist buses drive like mad on these narrow roads. The food vendors on motorcycles still clog up the road despite being ordered to leave.

Nothing is enforced. I know, I know....this is Thailand. Just accept the increasing crime and decreasing police effectiveness. If you don't like it leave. (Did I miss any of the equally ridiculous justifications?). Oh yeah, crime happens everywhere so it's okay if it happens in Thailand too.

Just another ridiculous declaration. Next they will announce they will be the safety hub of Asia. Last week it was the digital hub. They already are the bombing hub. They got that down pat.

You are kidding right?

I looked for this story on NNT and saw the same ambiguous, incomplete story.

Indicating that the 17 measures for safety of residents and visitors in Pattaya, do not exist.

Just like the reality of the safety for residents and visitors in Pattaya which also does not exist.

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 6:18 AM, craigt3365 said:

More tourists die on the roads here every day than by bombs.  Do your job and deal with the roads.  You'll really be taking care of tourist safety that way.

Absolutely! The traffic along Beach Road last night was absolutely horrendous and yet every single pedestrian crossing light from the first one opposite Royal Garden Plaza all the way up to Central Festival were TURNED OFF !!   Why for Christ’s sake?

I mean it’s okay to say pedestrians can weave through the traffic ( that stop directly on the white pedestrian crossing markers) but you can still get seriously injured if you are not super vigilant and happen  to see the numerous idiots on motorbikes who even seem to speed up as they race between the stationary cars and buses.

You will never convince me the authorities in this city give a rat’s a*se about the safety of tourists in Pattaya-not until there will be some tragedy and then they will really show concern particularly if there is any danger at all of it impacting their precious revenue:bah:

20160819-0011.jpeg

20160819-0014.jpeg

20160819-0012.jpeg

On 8/18/2016 at 10:40 PM, webfact said:

All sectors may rest assured that the world-famous beach resort will be cleared of all crimes, including transnational ones, given the tightened measures, he said

I will believe him when:

• Transgender Pickpockets have left town.
  • Jetski racketeers have been arrested and their jetskis destroyed.
  • Taxis use their meters.
  • Baht Buses stop trying to rip of none Thai's.
  • Far Eastern ladies of the night are gone.
  • Legitimate businesses are no longer subject to shakedown by the police, city hall and the local mafia.
  • Illegitimate businesses are closed for good.

On 19/08/2016 at 5:59 AM, pattjock said:

I don’t understand the logic in wanting the police to reveal, to potential terrorists, exactly what they are going to do to prevent these terrorists to perform terrorist acts???

Thailand does not have terrorists just some bad people 

On 8/19/2016 at 4:40 AM, webfact said:

He disclosed that the 17 measures include administrative measures, investigative measures, preventive measures and suppressive measures

Haven't we heard this all before ?

Pity these 17 measures haven't been individually high-lighted for tourists / ex-pats "piece of mind". 

On 8/20/2016 at 10:47 AM, Asiantravel said:

Absolutely! The traffic along Beach Road last night was absolutely horrendous and yet every single pedestrian crossing light from the first one opposite Royal Garden Plaza all the way up to Central Festival were TURNED OFF !!   Why for Christ’s sake?

I mean it’s okay to say pedestrians can weave through the traffic ( that stop directly on the white pedestrian crossing markers) but you can still get seriously injured if you are not super vigilant and happen  to see the numerous idiots on motorbikes who even seem to speed up as they race between the stationary cars and buses.

You will never convince me the authorities in this city give a rat’s a*se about the safety of tourists in Pattaya-not until there will be some tragedy and then they will really show concern particularly if there is any danger at all of it impacting their precious revenue:bah:

20160819-0011.jpeg

20160819-0014.jpeg

20160819-0012.jpeg

I would say more danger is created when the traffic lights are operational.

Reason being, 1 or 2 vehicles may stop, letting pedestrians walk across the road, but many do not stop, and when the pedestrians are shielded from vision by the stopped vehicles, a blind-spot is created, thus they're at risk of being hit by the vehicles that do not stop, let alone slow down. 

Seen this example many times at the crossing outside Royal Garden.