Help I'm going crazy

Sooo Upto Me

Is it me or are we getting a lot of rain this year? Now I'm up northwest Thailand near Burmese border for while, an it's been raining here nearly everyday for last 2 mths. I'm been living Pattaya last 7yrs an we only got maybe few wks total an not persistent like up here.

I know it's worse up north but even the gf family here say it's their worst yr an it's only Aug.  ??  Anyway ru guys/gals getting more this yr than before?

An wots Pattaya been like? I might hav come bac soon.

Well at least the Premiership season is bac now to keep me partially sane.  ??

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

CM could use more - send it over.....

Part of your adjustment period from  the plastic party atmosphere of Pattaya to a more mainstream Thailand I'm guessing......

HaHa yes something like that. More friendly local people up here, no loud farangs. Lovely mountain views of Burma from me balcony. 

Do miss the beach though an a bit more Sun wouldn't go amiss at the moment.

Please send that rain to my place......everyone here is screaming out for it.

The large dam that supplies our township has never been this low since my wife can remember over 45 years. We are about 160km SW from Bangkok and seem to miss any rain that does seem to fall nearby.

Western part of Khon Kaen province. No significant rain for two weeks or so.

Just read yet another announcement/warning about the big storm coming.

Waiting.

Generally I would not be surprised if the rainy season will be strong after two years of extreme drought.

I am not up-to-date about the current "El Nina"/"El Nino" situation (southern oscillation) which is THE indicator for things to come.

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

Please send that rain to my place......everyone here is screaming out for it.

The large dam that supplies our township has never been this low since my wife can remember over 45 years. We are about 160km SW from Bangkok and seem to miss any rain that does seem to fall nearby.

Pattaya, I love it, but the administration doesn't have clue about planning. They have allowed unrestricted building for many years and even last century there wasn't enough water. It has always been a disaster in the making re infrstructure, and now the chooks are roosting etc.

8 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

An wots Pattaya been like? I might hav come bac soon.

Dry as a proverbial bone for certainly the last 3-4 weeks. Before that some overnight rain but nothing at all recently.

Archived