Prayut performs better after two years in office

rooster59

20 hours ago, aussieinthailand said:

"you really think so??" 

Prove me wrong in just, just one, just one of the statements I have made......   Good luck with that.....

i

i

Sorry!! Did I deflate your bubble??;)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, lucky11 said:

Well they failed miserably in that!! You are going to tell me that the American government is democratic, aren't you.:rolleyes:

In November the voters will determine who will be the next president of the United States.  You're going to tell me that isn't true, aren't you?

7 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I agree with many of your points but I read the Junta leader as someone who wants the reforms to work and he exercises his 'power' in a way that will stifle the old politicians from using their  wealth to purchase 'opinion' and cause dissent without people having  a complete understanding of the facts. You are right- in its purest form this is dangerous and the leader has to be 'benevolent' and this type of autocracy is very much against our Western traditions.  I am still willing to give him a chance to pull it off. However, things like a single gateway; tracking people with SIMS and some of the other draconian things discussed are not to my liking.

For sure- he should listen to a PR agent because his use of the Thai language is 'rough'- castigating people for asking  thoughtful questions. However, he is not a politician but a General with a mission.

I am not a full supporter of the Junta's approach but it is the only game in town so I hope his reform policies are successful 

I agree Thaksin started out doing some good things for the country- by allowing the economy to take its natural course. His 30 Baht plan has saved the life of one of my family members. However,  what did him in was his refusal to stop the blatant corruption that pervades everyday life in Thailand and to stack the  civil service and military with only those loyal to him rather than promote based upon ability or seniority. Everything became about Him as opposed to everything being about the people. I would hope that people can move on and a new leader emerges that has the backing of all stakeholders.

If they had an election today what change would there be?   We would have the same old parties; the same players as before and the same policies. Let's see what happens during the next election. All of us here want the same thing for families and friends. A prosperous  safe country where  the true Thai spirit shines.    Best wishes to you and yours.

Quality post,  thoughtful ,  and well presented, thank you.

I understand you wish to give this bloke a fair go, something us Aussies are familiar with.

Taking out corrupt officials is great work on his part, happy to see it,   but the selected targets is a worry and beyond balance, take one, take them all should be the approach..  

Good to see you do not approve blindly of all the junta's policies, that's the mark of fair mindedness IMO.

He has had just over two years in the job with the added advantage of Sec 44 at his whim which is a,   I'll do as I please regardless of what is right wrong or what you think,   there is a word for people like that which in banned TVF .

IMO his successes are far out weighed by his failures and that is why he has to go.

You are correct in saying his language is rough, and castigates those with thoughtful questions,  I'd say it's a little more than rough, more like intimidating vulgar and completely inappropriate of that of a man holding office as leader of a country,  now that just my opinion but hey I worked in an underground mine for several years and hear some colorful language.

Any way cheers and don't take the people really giving you some stick here personal, it just means they are passionate.

2 hours ago, aussieinthailand said:

Quality post,  thoughtful ,  and well presented, thank you.

I understand you wish to give this bloke a fair go, something us Aussies are familiar with.

Taking out corrupt officials is great work on his part, happy to see it,   but the selected targets is a worry and beyond balance, take one, take them all should be the approach..  

Good to see you do not approve blindly of all the junta's policies, that's the mark of fair mindedness IMO.

He has had just over two years in the job with the added advantage of Sec 44 at his whim which is a,   I'll do as I please regardless of what is right wrong or what you think,   there is a word for people like that which in banned TVF .

IMO his successes are far out weighed by his failures and that is why he has to go.

You are correct in saying his language is rough, and castigates those with thoughtful questions,  I'd say it's a little more than rough, more like intimidating vulgar and completely inappropriate of that of a man holding office as leader of a country,  now that just my opinion but hey I worked in an underground mine for several years and hear some colorful language.

Any way cheers and don't take the people really giving you some stick here personal, it just means they are passionate.

Totally agree, and liked likewise.

It's an improvement to have just the opinions without the propagandist stuff anyway.

Thaidream's post actually seemed like a real human being was posting. Who'da thunk that then?

I'm inhumane. Just slide the food under the door.

-

"...it just means they are passionate."

I think we're going to have to stop Pluto from trying to burn down Bangkok before the Thais themselves get another chance to :coffee1:

Edited by Squeegee