Suntrust Bank (stateside) access.

Just wondering if anyone else here has a Suntrust (U.S.) bank account and no longer able to do online banking? I do and cannot connect to anything related to Suntrustdotcom. I've tried several pc's, tablet, different location with their Internet and pc with same results so don't believe it's an issue related to my home.

Appreciate anyone's experience with this before making the dreaded "please hold for the next available representative" phone call.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am able to access https://www.suntrust.com/ using a Singapore VPN. Turned it off to use a Thai IP and get a cannot connect message. It seems they are blocking Thai IP's.

Thanks. That's what it sounds like to me also. I'm not really comfortable using a VPN for personal banking .Passing sensitive data through another server for anyone to read even though they say it's encrypted.

Ditto for me...could not connect when using a Thailand IP address....tried a VPN connection via Singapore and reached the site.   I expect Suntrust has just blocked Thailand IP addresses.  Not uncommon for some sites to block some countries/regions.   

9 minutes ago, Pib said:

Ditto for me...could not connect when using a Thailand IP address....tried a VPN connection via Singapore and reached the site.   I expect Suntrust has just blocked Thailand IP addresses.  Not uncommon for some sites to block some countries/regions.   

Appreciate the verification. I guess a call is in order when they open for business.

• 2 weeks later...

Been 10 days since I looked at this post and I'm not a Suntrust customer, but when I tried to connect to the site just as my earlier post with a Thailand IP address the site never pulls up.  Switch to a Singapore or U.S. VPN connection and it pulls right up.  My internet provider is AIS.