Please help - our cratered road looks like something from the moon

webfact

Please help - our cratered road looks like something from the moon

p3.jpg

Image: Daily News

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: -- Villagers in Nakon Sri Thammarat have a problem that will be familiar to many who live out in the sticks.

Their road is so full of large potholes that it resembles the surface of the moon, reported Daily News.

So deep and full of loose earth are the holes that you can plant trees in them.

Villagers in Ban Roop have now got so fed up with inaction from local authorities that they turned their attention to the media to try and get something done. They say that a 7 kilometer stretch of the Bansai Ranongrang Road has been like this for 2 years now.

It is especially serious for people travelling to hospital with injuries or those going to maternity who must suffer the pain of being jolted up and down as vehicles enter those potholes.

And the state of the road has caused many accidents too, they say.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-22

1 hour ago, Mango Bob said:

That road reminds me of the a road outside of Tat Phanom, over 20 km of broken road.  The only way for people to get from Tat Phanom to their homes in rural areas.

unfortunately some rural areas get neglected.

Well the ones who are responsible are sooo sorry: and not only in rural areas, the same in the cities!

Bu well they spend all the money already for coffee and tea!

But as most thais are like a her of cattles with voice and not stand up to get the authoroties to do their duty: nothing change"

In January 2016 Prayut had established a 500,000 baht Village Fund that was to be distributed to each of the 79,556 villages and rural communities throughout the country for the development of infrastructure projects. Did you village get any such funds?

At least it's not Thai BPS reporting potholes this time (http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/pm-grumbles-at-thai-pbs/149426/). 

Looks like we're going to see more arm flapping, dirty looks, and stricter press censorship. 

One thing though, the potholes and Prayut have one thing in common - they're both in the road, and they both hinder progress! 

If only they could be removed - that would be news! 

1 hour ago, manhood said:

Well the ones who are responsible are sooo sorry: and not only in rural areas, the same in the cities!

Bu well they spend all the money already for coffee and tea!

But as most thais are like a her of cattles with voice and not stand up to get the authoroties to do their duty: nothing change"

a bit like our village  although some work was done   i did notice that the three guys in the  po yai bans office   have brand new motor cycles   maybe just coincidence??  silly me

I want the potholes back!

The lane/track running beside the house was full of potholes ever since building our place 15 years back. Three months ago got a nice new concrete road. Now the cars are whizzing pass at warp factor 10!

Well, funny they should make that comparison, cos every time I go to the moon and drive on its surface I think...gosh, this surface really looks sooo much like those pot holed roads we all know so well in the rural areas of countries like...well, let's say Thailand.

I think they nailed that one.

Archived