soil and veg seeds for bottle grow experiment

I've had the mad idea to try growing veg in plastic bottles on a (covered) rooftop. Yes, blame youtube.

I live in a volunteer house in Cambodia where I could do this on the covered roof. I'm about to do another three month semester, so there's time. It's just a proof of concept, to see if I could take it further in the future. I'll be visiting Bangkok for just a few days next week so I don't really have time to hunt around. I want to go to a shop (not market (and that's easy to get to)) and buy some soil and seeds that give me a fair chance. I know nothing what-so-ever about this. It would be great if the seeds had at least a label in English (I know instructions is asking a lot!), and the soil would need to be fairly small, like a kilo or so?

Thanks for any tips.

Well, I kind of found it. I went to Homepro in LatPrao road. They had various bags of weird stuff, like little balls, but I did find something called soil, the picture on the front looks like soil and the bags were just one kilo, so it kind of looks as though my experiment might be a go!

Saw this up in Udon Thani area, a few weeks ago,  looks like they  used "garden soil/ dirt" 

Just make sure there is holes for water to drain! Go easy on fertilizer! 

p6ieA1MNrsPL0aaHJcjTdsaUPGCaYLMqCcRHoEC7

Looks like these need a bit of fertilizer, soluble kind would probably be best....

ep42AqI1F6AeNcQqqTZHvtdyAlF2zO0d4B5xpwPn

Archived