How Quickly Can Your Hand Tools Be Destroyed?

Generalchaos

Pretty quick if you give them to a Thai!

I hand an almost brand new Makita power drill, it had hammer, forward and reverse and standard drilling. I also had a box with about 60 various drill bits, half were masonary the other half were high speed steel. I went to China to work, when I came back I found that my wife had asked her nephew, no, not a three year old spastic, but a sort of fully functional 30 year old Thai to drill a simple hole in a concrete wall to do nothing more than hang an 8" x 10" photo.

However, this must have been extremely taxing for the fool as he had set the drill in standard (No Hammer) fitted a highspeed drill and set the drill in reverse. When I found the drill the chuck was ruined as it seemed he never bothered to tighten it properly, the bits (more than one attempt! The guy persevered!!!) were destroyed, The retard even managed to destroy the plastic side handle mounted near the chuck by melting it with the heat of the drill.

Not the first time.

I loaned her brother ( mid forties - again not a child with some sort of brain malfunction - an everyday Thai) a very good Japanese vacuum cleaner - Sanyo I think it was. Anyway after a month of it not being returned I started asking for it back. When it arrived back the entire plastic case was completely shattered!

They had tried to stick the plastic body back together with duct tape!

They never apologise or offer to buy a new one or even get it repaired.

Give them a screwdriver, it comes back with the tip ruined, they probably use it for stabbing something or prying something. Never for actually loosening or tightening a screw.

Never lend these people anything that you place any value on, they place no value on it as they have never had to buy it, they never buy anything if they can sponge it off anyone, and when they break it, don't expect an apology or a replacement!

The longer you stay here the more you despair for the future of their race, always destined to be at the bottom of the social ladder.

The wifes old man was dying of cancer, I loaned them my truck to take him to hospital, every time they brought the truck back for whatever reason one of the retards had stuck it in 4 wheel drive to do a 100km round trip on paved roads!

I bought a load of ceramic tiles, the wife hired the local " Tilers" to do the job. It wasn't exactly rocket science, there were plain tiles to cover 90% of the bathroom, another 10% were floral or decorative tiles that were supposed to be interspersed in a sort of random fashion as you would do when tiling a bathroom.

After leaving them alone for about 6 hours, we came down and found they had stuck all of the floral tiles together in a 4 foot square mosaic and then plastered the rest of the bathroom with the plain tiles. Where on earth do brains and common sense even begin to function her?

Edited by Generalchaos

6 minutes ago, kannot said:

I learnt  all of that a  LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG time  ago, its  not just restricted to Thais the Burmese and Cambodians can also destroy anything.

Aussies, Brits, Americans as well in my experience 

9 minutes ago, Generalchaos said:

While I accept there is a certain level of stupidity inherent in uneducated people, the percentile equivalent in this part of the world has to be exceptional! I really would love to see the " Birth Curves" that the hospitals record for learning growth.

Dare to speak the truth on TV eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek standing by for the across the bows

I feel ya man. But you know I had the same crap happen to me in the US. Loan a neighbor a hammer, saw or screw driver and and it was thrashed and almost garbage. Same with a lawn mower. The neighbor decided to mow all his dog shit with his lawn and never cleaned up my mower. Pushed it back into my garage and left it. Took me a few weeks to figure out the damn stench. So Thais are not exclusive in this which is why under no circumstances do I loan my tools to anyone EVER!!!. My wife here knows this as I was extremely clear on the subject.

Edited by JAFO

The tiles are actually your fault.  You should know by now you have to be there or it won't come out as planned. The first time it is excusable but if you leave them unattended and expect a different result you will always end up disappointed and frustrated. 

The tools and stuff I completely understand. You give these people screws and a screw gun you will come back to find them driving the screws in with a hammer. Again this can only happen if you leave them unattended. You can show them how to do it and as soon as you leave they revert to their old ways. 

In some ways it is just easier doing it yourself or you find that they are just in the way. It is a completely frustrating and thankless job to try to make anything nice for everybody to enjoy in this country.

When I first built a pool they came to wash their motorbikes in it. This is Laos but same difference.