Residency Certificate - which offices won't do?

1 hour ago, khwaibah said:

Are the authorities accepting the New PINK ID card as prof of address as the YTB and CR?

My local DLT accepted just my Thai ID card and YTB as proof of name and address recently when I moved and had to change the address in my vehicle registration book.

They previously had my Passport number as proof of ID, so you do have to ask them to change your ID details to the ID number on your Thai ID card, which is the same Number as your Tabien Baan. I had to show Passport just so they could check my previous ID number before they changed it.

In future just my Thai ID card and YTB will suffice for any renewals/changes.

Just my Thai ID card and YTB were also accepted by my Bank and the Tax office, they just changed my ID number. Police have also accepted the same documents, but I still carry a copy of my passport just in case.

Edited by Faz

5 minutes ago, Faz said:

My local DLT accepted just my Thai ID card and YTB as proof of name and address recently when I moved and had to change the address in my vehicle registration book.

They previously had my Passport number as proof of ID, so you do have to ask them to change your ID details to the ID number on your Thai ID card, which is the same Number as your Tabien Baan. I had to show Passport just so they could check my previous ID number before they changed it.

In future just my Thai ID card and YTB will suffice for any renewals/changes.

Just my Thai ID card and YTB were also accepted by my Bank and the Tax office, they just changed my ID number. Police have also accepted the same documents, but I still carry a copy of my passport just in case.

Do they accepted the new id card as a standalone with out the ytb ?

No the ID card is not proof of address on it's own, although your address is on the reverse side.

No different than a Thai citizen, they need ID card as proof of registered name and TB as proof of registered address.

They compliment each other with confirming details.

You couldn't for example replace your ID card if your details changed, without first registering a new address and obtaining a new TB.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Faz said:

No the ID card is not proof of address on it's own, although your address is on the reverse side.

No different than a Thai citizen, they need ID card as proof of registered name and TB as proof of registered address.

They compliment each other with confirming details.

You couldn't for example replace your ID card if your details changed, without first registering a new address and obtaining a new TB.

Thanks for your input. :thumbsup:IMHO I see no use for the new card outside of bragging rights with the lads.:D At least with the YTB you have 10 pages of paper for an emergency.:facepalm: Ever tried to use plastic.:D

2 hours ago, Faz said:

Those little plastic cards fit neatly into a wallet, unlike a TB.

When stopped by police, present your new ID card, their so impressed they forget what they stopped you for and allow you to drive away.

Works every time for me  :D

Thai DL and 200 baht works all the time for me.:cheesy:

On 8/25/2016 at 7:00 AM, khwaibah said:

I was going to suggest try the out of town police stations they have seemed to be more friendly. Also as another poster suggested try your amphur, some do and some don't.

Have you received  CR from Amphoe Mueang in Chiangmai ? Please explain if the rental contract would be  accepted as evidence.

Thanks

47 minutes ago, aquario33 said:

Have you received  CR from Amphoe Mueang in Chiangmai ? Please explain if the rental contract would be  accepted as evidence.

Thanks

I have a YTB so do not need a CR. You need to ask directly to Mueang Chiang Mai if they will issue a you a CR. You will need so show residency, rental contracts can be accepted. Just a point some amphures require that you be legally married. just saying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, khwaibah said:

I have a YTB so do not need a CR. You need to ask directly to Mueang Chiang Mai if they will issue a you a CR. You will need so show residency, rental contracts can be accepted. Just a point some amphures require that you be legally married. just saying.

ok thanks , will check it !

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2016 at 3:42 PM, spetersen said:

My advise is that you apply for a yellow Tabien Ban at your Ampoe  and then the problem is solved. no more RC is required

https://xpat.life/thailand/tabien-baan

Thank you, spetersen.

The instructions at the link you provided are very clear. 

One question:  For someone who has not yet registered their address with Immigration for a visa extension, how can they get registered with Immigration in order to move forward with the application for the Yellow house book?   Is there a way to register in advance with Immigration so the application can be started at the Amphoe?

Thanks

On 11/16/2016 at 9:15 PM, freedomnow said:

Is Promenda currently not issuing Residency Certificates for 500 Baht 24-hour turnaround to the side of the main office ?

Freedomnow,

Are you asking about the certificate of residency that people use to obtain a driver's license?
If so, I was at the Promenada office last week for that purpose and they provide this service on the 3rd floor in a small office (not the ground floor space). 

But the turnaround is quite slow.  There is basically a waiting list to submit the paperwork requesting the certificate.  They accept listings on the queue weekday mornings.  You come back on your appointment date to submit your paperwork requesting the certificate.  As of last week, adding your name to the queue would get you an appointment around December 19th.  Then the turnaround for the completed certificate would be 3-4 weeks later.  There is no fee for the certificate.
It was explained to me that because the service is free it is very popular. 

To get a certificate faster, they suggested going to my local consulate, which for Americans, will issue a certificate in a few days for B2000.

1 hour ago, joespnet said:

Freedomnow,

Are you asking about the certificate of residency that people use to obtain a driver's license?
If so, I was at the Promenada office last week for that purpose and they provide this service on the 3rd floor in a small office (not the ground floor space). 

But the turnaround is quite slow.  There is basically a waiting list to submit the paperwork requesting the certificate.  They accept listings on the queue weekday mornings.  You come back on your appointment date to submit your paperwork requesting the certificate.  As of last week, adding your name to the queue would get you an appointment around December 19th.  Then the turnaround for the completed certificate would be 3-4 weeks later.  There is no fee for the certificate.
It was explained to me that because the service is free it is very popular. 

To get a certificate faster, they suggested going to my local consulate, which for Americans, will issue a certificate in a few days for B2000.

Thanks, before I paid for overnight service 500 baht next to Promenada Immi.  Good to know it is still live.