Pai Daodin freed on bail and vows to carry on the fight for the right cause

webfact

Pai Daodin freed on bail and vows to carry on the fight for the right cause

image-33-wpcf_693x413.jpeg

KHON KAEN: -- Political activist Chatupat Boonpatthararaksa or better known as Pai Daodin was freed from Khon Kaen special penitentiary on Tuesday after the 23rd army circle military court granted him a bail with conditions that he must refrain from political activities and must not travel abroad.

His lawyer initially posted 5,000 baht in cash as a bail for his release, claiming that he needs to go back to further his law study at Khon Kaen university. But the court set the bail at 10,000 baht. So his parents then put another 5,000 baht to get him bailed out.

Pai is facing charge of gathering in public for political motive of more than five people in defiance of an order of the National Council for Peace and Order.

Pai told the press in front of Khon Kaen special penitentiary that his parents wanted him to return to the campus.

As for the three cases pending against him, he said he would fight the cases in the court in accordance with the law.

“I will fight on and I will smile while fighting. Those in power who have me arrested, I agreed to let them arrest me because I will fight for the right cause. If I do not fight, who will fight,” said Pai, adding that he had been given moral support from his family and supporters.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pai-daodin-freed-bail-vows-carry-fight-right-cause/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-24