Gold shops investing in gold

6 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

where did I say I was an expert? If you read carefully you will see I said "as far as I know" and secondly "this is only my opinion".

Read before commenting.

You wrote, " As far as I know banks don't trade in gold. and  "if you go to a gold shop in Thailand and buy gold you take the gold home. I definitely would not trust a piece of paper here."

Thai gold shops are as honest or they would not stay in business and banks most certainly do trade in Gold.  One does not have to be an expert to realize that only a casual observer.  Sorry I called you an expert.  :wai2: 

17 hours ago, Scotwight said:

You wrote, " As far as I know banks don't trade in gold. and  "if you go to a gold shop in Thailand and buy gold you take the gold home. I definitely would not trust a piece of paper here."

Thai gold shops are as honest or they would not stay in business and banks most certainly do trade in Gold.  One does not have to be an expert to realize that only a casual observer.  Sorry I called you an expert.  :wai2: 

Yes I am definitely not an expert. I had read on here on some other thread that banks did not trade in gold. That is why I said as far as I know.

i personally would not trust a piece of paper in Thailand as far as ownership of gold is concerned. I have 100kg of silver in Australia with a reputable long time company but still worries me. 

Again in this is only my feelings and people can do what they are comfortable doing.