UBC goes off line

jonwilly

Yesterday in the afternoon say 15.30 ish my electrical system went 'Wonky'. It was on then off then on ,off, on, over a period of about 10 mins.

Electrical supply returned to normal on but my UBC went into, ER 16 mode, which to me means a heavy rainstorm is coming and connection with Satellite is compromised. 

I got busy on my computers as I had a problem to sort out and about 30 mins later noticed the TV was still in ER 16 mode.

Switch on, off, check cable all secure, nothing I could do to rectify the situation.

So off to KSK True office. Polite young lady dealt with my problem and says she will 'Reset' my TV from their office and does so. She then gave me a phone number and says if not reset call this centre and they will reset.

Well took a couple of attempts to call BKK, but after say 5 mins of painful Thai music another switched on young lady came on the line and dealt with the problem.

No idea what caused the original problem, the electrical connection to area seemed to be working, light on in near bye buildings, I can only assume someone in condo was interfering with the electrical supply.

john

thumb_P1060126_1024.jpg

Edited by jonwilly
spelling

It wasn't just you, we are having the same issue as was the Robin Hood (where I had a beer last night).

If it's not resolved itself by this evening I'll get Wifey to call True (it's not been UBC for many years).

To be honest we watch so little now I think I'll cancel anyway, I mostly watch on-line and Wifey gets all she needs of digital terrestrial now.

Same issue with me last night - around 10pm. I just thought it was another rain interruption and thought nothing of it for about 10 minutes or so. Then found that another True box in the house was working just fine. Turned my box off and back on and that solved the issue. Can't say I recall a similar issue previously, outside of the usual rain stopped play delays.

No problem later in the night and also this morning.