Bill Clinton defends embattled family foundation

webfact

7 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Clinton is a calculating, conniving, manipulative, hardass. Has been for decades. Still scot free after dozens of investigations by some of the most powerful, well-funded bodies in the world, including The US Senate, US Congress and The FBI. To hold her various offices, she has passed extensive background checks by The NSA, CIA, and The Secret Service. She managed to fool them all. 

Precisely the sort of skills I'm looking for in someone who has to deal with Putin, Xi and and all the other sh*ts around the world

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

You can believe for sure that cash doled out by the Clinton foundation is spurred on by political expediency not need. 

You can believe whatever you like. The fact is that the Clinton Foundation has been vetted by the 2 main independent vetting agencies for charities and it got the highest rating from both. Something tells me that they didn't use the "you can believe" approach.

2 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Precisely the sort of skills I'm looking for in someone who has to deal with Putin, Xi and and all the other sh*ts around the world

But they probably think the same way about having to deal with her

download (1).jpg

4 hours ago, Chicog said:

That's just nonsense; more of the ongoing smear campaign, but it doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Well, to cut thru all the BS let's return to what a respected journalist Bob Woodward says about the Clinton Foundation:

"It's Corrupt"  full stop :smile:

4 hours ago, Chicog said:

32 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Any port in a storm.

It's good that Fox have him on to come out with vague accusations with nothing to back them up.

Perhaps he could write a conspiratorial, badly edited fairy story about the Clinton's cash that that he could promote on Fox?

That would end the Clinton campaign eh?

Oh.

:blink:

INVESTIGATION: The Clinton Foundation Was Set Up To Be Corrupt

Capture-47-1024x641.jpg

Clinton Foundation officials have ignored virtually all of the “best practices” urged by good governance organizations for public charities, according to an investigation by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Most glaringly, for example, the foundation’s insular board of directors is unusually small, ranging from only two to no more than five members, all of whom are among President Bill and Hillary Clinton’s closest and richest friends.

Read the rest here:  

http://menrec.com/investigation-clinton-foundation-set-corrupt/

22 hours ago, LarryBird said:

It's amazing to me that people who have lived in Thailand don't INSTANTLY see the Clinton Foundation for what it is..   At the same time, it's not surprising. 

The year after his Presidency ended Bill Clinton set up a Foundation to help persons with AIDS and other disadvantaged populations around the world. "For 15 years, the Clinton Foundation has been working on the ground, around the world to improve lives and expand opportunity."

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/

Now in the 8th year following his Presidency --

'(George w.) Bush remarked about his life in retirement, “I think part of having a fulfilling life is to be challenged. I’m challenged on the golf course, I’m challenged to stay fit, and I’m challenged by my paintings…I am happy.” '

http://millercenter.org/president/biography/gwbush-life-after-the-presidency

1 hour ago, Boon Mee said:

Capture-47-1024x641.jpg

Clinton Foundation officials have ignored virtually all of the “best practices” urged by good governance organizations for public charities, according to an investigation by The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Most glaringly, for example, the foundation’s insular board of directors is unusually small, ranging from only two to no more than five members, all of whom are among President Bill and Hillary Clinton’s closest and richest friends.

Read the rest here:  

You mean the  highly renowned Daily Caller agency that certifies Charitable Organization. Or do you mean the right wing website called the Dally Caller?  Because as far as I can tell the former doesn't exist.  But the 2 chief organization whose function is to certify that charities actually do perform charitable work both gave the Clinton Foundation their highest rating.

I just don't understand why sites like the Daily Caller aren't hammering the Trump Foundation for buying paintings of Trump or paying his private legal bills using other peoples money.

Perhaps they're so busy with their Clinton Foundation fairy tale they just haven't got round to it yet....

2 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Capture-47-1024x641.jpg

Read the rest here:  

I decided to take a look at this alleged expose.  Well, it accused the Clinton Foundation of spending 12.6 million dollars on his 60th birthday party. Wrong. It raised 12.6 million dollars for the charity using his 60th birthday as the pretext for the party.  Great reporting.

Hey Chicog,

Trump may or may not have bought a picture of himself which he may or may not have viewed as branding his charity, therefore the Clinton Foundation is SQUEAKY CLEAN. 

No matter who she is running against, she has this major problem of having a million dark clouds hanging over her.. But ya.. Republican conspiracy....   Notice though, among all of the mudslinging, and challenging of Obama's policies, he really hasn't been accused of any ridiculous scandals...

On 8/25/2016 at 5:06 AM, Scott said:

Guess which IRS department has been (not) watching the Clinton Foundation?  Lois Lerner's.  No investigations going on, no oversight.

in 2014, the Clinton Foundation raised a boat load of money, but only administrative expenses were used.  How else can one fly from country to country on a private jet, tax free?

1 hour ago, rakman said:

Guess which IRS department has been (not) watching the Clinton Foundation?  Lois Lerner's.  No investigations going on, no oversight.

in 2014, the Clinton Foundation raised a boat load of money, but only administrative expenses were used.  How else can one fly from country to country on a private jet, tax free?

"in 2014, the Clinton Foundation raised a boat load of money, but only administrative expenses were used. "  What does this mean?  Are you asserting that no Clinton Foundation money was spent on charitable purposes? If so, source please.

Edited by ilostmypassword

2 hours ago, LarryBird said:

Hey Chicog,

Trump may or may not have bought a picture of himself which he may or may not have viewed as branding his charity, therefore the Clinton Foundation is SQUEAKY CLEAN. 

No matter who she is running against, she has this major problem of having a million dark clouds hanging over her.. But ya.. Republican conspiracy....   Notice though, among all of the mudslinging, and challenging of Obama's policies, he really hasn't been accused of any ridiculous scandals...

You seem to have missed the point. Lies galore have surrounded Clinton, from her fixing a Uranium company sale (rubbish) to her foundation swallowing 80% of donations (also rubbish).

Let me repeat that: They are lies. Easy to find out if you actually check facts rather than listen to right wing whackjob fairy tales.

The two examples I quoted of Trump's foundation have been backed up with evidence (The Foundation had to file its tax records).

The painting he bought is in one of his golf clubs.

The legal bills ($250,000) he paid for cases involving his own company had nothing to do with charity.

The $25,000 he gave Pam Bondi, who mysteriously dropped the Trump U case against him, had nothing to do with charity.

He hasn't donated anything to his "Charity foundation" in years. The Clintons have; it's in their tax records: 23 million dollars between 2001 and 2015.

So, the questions is why is this topic about a load of BS smears thrown at the Clintons by the likes of Schweizer and D'Sousa, smearing both their donations and the charity's highly-rated successes, yet the same media outlets never mention Trump's abuse of the same.

If you need that question answered, just vote for Trump, you fit the profile.

3 hours ago, rakman said:

The Foundation has to file tax records, so your first statement is superfluous.

As for your second, it's more nonsense from the likes of Limbaugh and the Daily Caller.

If you care to read how the Foundation and its various entities work and why they're spouting irrelevances, here's the link:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/aug/25/reince-priebus/reince-priebus-false-claim-80-clinton-foundation-c/

7 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

Bottom line boys, when a respected investigative journalist such as Bob Woodward says:  "The Clinton Foundation is Corrupt", guess what?

Can't spin that...

Respected investigated journalist?  Who works for the Washington Post? The very heart of the lying mainstream media?  You have very convenient standards.

For those of you who might not remember, Woodward was the author of Bush At War. Which basically represented Bush as a competent hands-on commander in chief. He also wrote Maestro, which depicted Alan Greenspan as a brilliant manager of the economy.

Edited by ilostmypassword

Woodward also said after the 'corrupt' comment:

“You can’t just say it’s unsavory, but there’s no formal investigation going on now, and there are outs that they have, but the election isn’t going to be decided on that.”

Another day.  Another bit of corruption surrounding the Clinton Foundation surfaces:

Revealed: Company that Supplied Voting Machines to 22 States Donated to Clinton Foundation

Clinton-Foundation-575x404.jpg

No wonder they’re so confident!
Dominion Voting brags on its home page that Together with our customers, we strive to change elections for the better!”

This vision becomes suspect once a user knows that the company donated money to the Clinton Foundation.

Wikipedia currently reports that Dominion provides voting machines to 22 states

2 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Another day.  Another bit of corruption surrounding the Clinton Foundation surfaces:

Revealed: Company that Supplied Voting Machines to 22 States Donated to Clinton Foundation

Dominion Voting brags on its home page that Together with our customers, we strive to change elections for the better!”

This vision becomes suspect once a user knows that the company donated money to the Clinton Foundation.

My friends & I are wondering why a company that supplies 50% of voting machines 2 America donates $ to #ClintonFoundation? pic.twitter.com/eQizDQZ3s9

— MicroSpookyLeaks™ (@WDFx2EU7) October 25, 2016

You do realize that Trump has given between $100k -250k to the Clinton Foundation. if you want to give to a top rated, high visibility charity ,  the Clinton Foundation is obviously the go to place and as been for some 20 years now. 

TH

More dirty underhanded revelations from the corrupt Clinton Foundation:

Wall Street Journal: Clinton Foundation’s Fundraisers Pressed Donors to Steer Business to Bill Clinton

Bill-Clinton-Clinton-Foundation-2014-Get

James V. Grimaldi and Anupreeta Das report in the Wall Street Journal that a“[h]acked email memo published by WikiLeaks details lucrative arrangements made for Bill Clinton” by two top Clinton Foundation fundraisers who “pressed corporate donors to steer business opportunities” to the former president.

Like the energizer Bunny, the Clinton Crime Syndicate just keeps going and going...:shock1:

36 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

More dirty underhanded revelations from the corrupt Clinton Foundation:

Wall Street Journal: Clinton Foundation’s Fundraisers Pressed Donors to Steer Business to Bill Clinton

Bill-Clinton-Clinton-Foundation-2014-Get

James V. Grimaldi and Anupreeta Das report in the Wall Street Journal that a“[h]acked email memo published by WikiLeaks details lucrative arrangements made for Bill Clinton” by two top Clinton Foundation fundraisers who “pressed corporate donors to steer business opportunities” to the former president.

Like the energizer Bunny, the Clinton Crime Syndicate just keeps going and going...:shock1:

no crime there

On 10/27/2016 at 11:47 AM, Boon Mee said:

My friends & I are wondering why a company that supplies 50% of voting machines 2 America donates $ to #ClintonFoundation? pic.twitter.com/eQizDQZ3s9

— MicroSpookyLeaks™ (@WDFx2EU7) October 25, 2016

First off, the quote is not even accurate. There was no exclamation point at the end. Rather a dash.  And you don't you supply the rest of that quote from Dominion's home page:  Here it is in its entirety: Very sinister. Together with our customers, we strive to change elections for the better -- making them more efficent, secure, and accessible. 

Very sinister. Not,

Also, it is alleged but no evidence show that Dominion is part of a public relations media company called the McCarthy Group. It is the McCarthy group that is alleged to have given money to the Clinton Foundation. I haven't found any evidence that supports the claim that Dominion is part of the McCarthy Group. But I'm sure you'll no problem providing that evidence.