Considering Yasothon

yosib157

Been in Isaan for a few years already and now considering a move to Yasothon for family reasons.

I would only visit before as it seemed to lag behind another Isaan towns but I think a lot of recent progress has been made making it a more appealing location.

Now getting on a bit so not looking for a youngster's lifestyle or entertainment, but like some relaxation.

I see there are a few new eateries in town and would like any more information on a few other issues.

Is the Immigration office now in Roi Et or Mukdahan?

What's the house rental situation/price say around the park end of town. Only 2  of us but still a reasonable size/location would be nice. NO shop houses thanks.

I know the old hospital, but I saw another one on a map somewhere at an intersection which was called the Rong Paya Baan Intersection and alas cannot find it again. Is that in Yaso Province and what are the medical services like?

We've used BigC a few times and I saw a small Tesco; is there a larger one or is a trip to Roi Et, Muk or Amnat for bigger outlets?

Any other current information would be greatly appreciated before we pay a visit early next week.

Thanks in advance

No there is not a large Tesco store, but Yasothon has a Makro store just passed the ring road on the left heading toward Ubon.  Three hospitals the smallest is just off the main road going through central Yasothon.    Dr Hahn International hospital  which is not far from the gaol (jail).  And the Government hospital which is the biggest on the Ubon road and Amnat Chareon road intersection. Rentals ....no idea.

Macro is indeed good news ib1b4.  I know the first 2 hospitals you mention but its the third's location that I am unsure of. From your description, it sounds like the one I saw briefly yet cannot locate again.

I'll get back onto google maps.

39 minutes ago, yosib157 said:

Thanks Ubonjoe.

Surprisingly, almost 200 guys have read my post and only 3 have need kind enough to respond.

It is only about 100 km to here from Yasothon city. Plenty of places to shop and things do here.

There is a Central Plaza, Tesco Extra and Big C that has a lot smaller shops around it.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is only about 100 km to here from Yasothon city. Plenty of places to shop and things do here.

There is a Central Plaza, Tesco Extra and Big C that has a lot smaller shops around it.

OK, thanks again.

It's actually more current info about Yaso I was researching.

Archived