Actual Days In Thailand Or Number Of 30 Day Visas?

Do Thai immigration officials count actual days in Thailand or the number of 30 day entry stamps? When you show up at the airport and get a 30 day stamp but only stay in Thailand for 15 days, what counts towards the max limit in 6 months, the 30 day stamp or the actual amount used?

When I am in the Philippines or somewhere else in Asia, I may use some frequent flyer miles to hop over to Thailand for a week or two - but not use the full 30 days - what are the Thai officials using for the total?

Now that some time has passed since the laws changed, I am looking for some feedback on this type of situation.

Thank you.

Do Thai immigration officials count actual days in Thailand or the number of 30 day entry stamps? When you show up at the airport and get a 30 day stamp but only stay in Thailand for 15 days, what counts towards the max limit in 6 months, the 30 day stamp or the actual amount used?

When I am in the Philippines or somewhere else in Asia, I may use some frequent flyer miles to hop over to Thailand for a week or two - but not use the full 30 days - what are the Thai officials using for the total?

Now that some time has passed since the laws changed, I am looking for some feedback on this type of situation.

Thank you.

Amount of days count, so from what you have put above, only 15 days would count towards the tally of 90 days within 180 time period

You can come into Thailand on VOA as many times as you like say 89 times, (that is 89 Visa on Arrival) within 6 months as long as you do not stay longer than 90 days.

Only the days are counted up

VOA are not counted up

rocky: i am looking for an update on this issue.

are you or is anyone else absolutely certain that it is not the # of stamps -but the days? it is certainly ez enough to calculate by computer program.

when i return some friends want me to take them to cambodia but i would rather wait until the visa runs out...

thanks

are you or is anyone else absolutely certain that it is not the # of stamps -but the days? it is certainly ez enough to calculate by computer program.

when i return some friends want me to take them to cambodia but i would rather wait until the visa runs out...

thanks

They only count the days, and the amount alowed is 90days with Voa within 180 days.

VOA are not counted.

Read through this forum, do a search you will read it time and time again,

If unsure when you arrive in thailand ask at the immigration, (you canget the information from the horses mouth)

You should be fine but it is not an entirely objective process. It seems that the primary discrimator is whether or not your particular series of stamps regardless of order, in any way suggestd you are trying to reside in Thailand as a tourist. From what you have described, that is not the case.

thanks

They only count the days, and the amount alowed is 90days with Voa within 180 days.

VOA are not counted.

If unsure when you arrive in thailand ask at the immigration, (you canget the information from the horses mouth)

thanks

VOA are not counted.

Hi you all

I have usa passport and be going to Thailand next month. I will be staying 33 days in Thailand. I use to get visa in usa before I left. I did not to spend one day sometime two days at Thai consule in LosAngeles. Another option is get extendtion in Bangkok but still another day that I rather spend with my family and friend.

Should I just paid fine at the airport on the way out. Anyone know about this option.

thank

Bo :o

Paying fine is not an option unless you are not found out until on your way out of the country, but even they you will receive an overstay stamp in your passport. If you are found on overstay before leaving you will likely spend time in jail.

You can obtain a visa by mail very easily in the US.