Cheap Guest Houses In Chiang Mai?

mark__baum

Thinking about hopping up the map to Chiang Mai for a few days, and was hoping for info on really cheapy gust houses or hostels in Chiang Mai? I'm thinking between 150-300 Bh/night. I might also search the Internet, but this forum has so far proven a wonderful resource and I like using it.

much appreciation,

mark baum

Thinking about hopping up the map to Chiang Mai for a few days, and was hoping for info on really cheapy gust houses or hostels in Chiang Mai? I'm thinking between 150-300 Bh/night. I might also search the Internet, but this forum has so far proven a wonderful resource and I like using it.

much appreciation,

mark baum

Any idea about location, or what kind of place you want. Some places don't like overnight guests - if you know what I mean.

much appreciation,

mark baum

Soi 9 off Moon Muang Road has half a dozen lower priced guest houses that are

clean and comfortable.

The Fly Fisherman

Actually the whole area between Moon Muang and to the west of Ratchapakinai - all the way from the Northen to the Southern moat - are flooded with guesthouses/small hotels from as little as 100 baht/night to 1000+ baht a night. If you're in for a truly "homely" and cosy atmosphere there are many small well-hidden places down the various openings (which you might not recognize as sois) along the southern end of Ratchapakinai (to both sides).

much appreciation,

mark baum

We stayed at Whiskey Guesthouse one time. It was 100/150 Baht single/double. Had private hot shower and toilet attached to room. Fan, bed and a clothes closet. Downstairs, they had a big screen TV and a pool table in the common area.

Make sure you get clean sheets and pillow cases, otherwise great value.

Most of the time, we pay a little extra now (500 Baht per night) and stay at Veerachai Court, Soi 2 Thae Pae. Has aircon, hot shower and toilet, towels, soap, two single beds pushed together, UBC Satelite TV.

Accross the street and down the soi from it is Sunshine Cafe, a restaurant run by Emile, a Dutch guy and his Thai wife Rat (pronounced Lat). They have Western and Thai food and a lot of the local expats living on the Soi hang out there at night.

Hope this helps