General Summary Of Bina And Anon

bina

hi all,

first, thanx for all congrats, comments etc... i wasnt near an internet place; so a long summary.

second, my shift key here in israel got zapped by an electical storm while i was in thailand, so no extra punctuation

THAILAND WAS GREAT; KORAT WAS GREAT; SOENG SANG WAS GREAT; BANGKOK WAS, WELL, ENTICING AND DISGUSTING AT THE SAME TIME....

WE ARE LEGALLY MARRIED ACCORDING TO THAI LAW, AND ISRAELI CONSULATE, but now have to do registration etc, here in the land of xenophobia....

we did a lot of running back and forth on motorcy's along the line of 'run lola run' = the movie that some girl has to bring lots of money to someone in one hour= and spent lots of extra money to smooth some paths

we could only register in bangkok/bangkrak amphur office by demand of the israeli consulate; we could only do the police criminal statement for anon at the main bangkok headquarters = no fee, therefore no way to be bribed i guess. this after we did spend extras in korat with the help of the puyai baan and a police official friend to get same certificate in korat-- oh well.

the consulate also told me i didnt have to translate all lpapers from hebrew to english, and i had wasted lots of money on that, it turned out that is is ALWAYS BETTER TO DO MORE AND NOT NEED IT, THEN DO LESS AND NEED IT, as it turned out the amphur did required it all translated. all in all, a harrowing experience but i was prepared, and SPEAKING THAI IS ALWAYS ALWAYS A PLUS

my daughter had an AMAZING time in the muubaan, it was definately a trip that not too many people from israel will ever do / she was a big hit with the guys, almost causing several motocy accidents and workers falling off cassava trucks as they craned their necks to see her... tall, blond and beautiful, with charisma too. she was a big hit with all the cousins, kids babies etc, and we had no food issues as everyone would chant when they served her food-- mai kin muu, mai kin bvua, mai kin pet and laugh, and it was great to have her around as a buffer for dealing with all the extended family and friends, and hang out with.

we 'did' bangkok with her doing the wat arun, etc etc in one day, as anon hates cities and really isnt city wise either so felt very pressured, where as child is city wise and can deal with bargaining and markets. muubaan lack of planning, no specific times, and lack of privacy did drive her a bit bonkers. she dealt with cold water and thai style bathrooms no prob.

she went home before us, we went fishing for two days to relax after two and half weeks of mad rush backandforth to korat and bangkok. we staid in friends' rooms or they found us sublets for two nights, thai style worker living quarters, not falang style, five people living in one room including granny and baby in bangkok neighborhoods, a real eyeopener also for me but great fun

his parents live in a tree house, literally, his father is a hunter/poacher, covered in tattoes and silent but warm, his mother very warm and intelligent.

met one sister and alcoholic thai husband that are the pattern of 'farang is walking atm for us'; fortunately, thai visa forums had prepared me and i and anon agreed ahead of time about how much 'sponsership' we would fork out and for what and we stuck to our guns, and people respected us for it too. rest of extendeds were great. saw anon in his natural environment and he is basically the same, which is good news to me...

basically i went to thailand well prepared as was my daugther, and it made all the difference in the world.

now back to reality here in petty little kibbutz and etc.... also no fresh fruit and seafood. will put up all good pics when i have time.

oh, i met shindam =frank= and his thai wife who use to post in issan forum, with their goats, they are ten minutes away from anon's muubaan, but they are folding up and moving to australia/tasmania... he has a farang style house, complete with high fence and large pit bull, and an attitude. ' i think that he isnt too well liked in his muubaan which is one of my sister in law's muubaan. he had a few beautiful goats and several in bad shape since he's run out of energy dealing with thai beuracracy, vets, and neighbhors... but he doesnt really speak much thai, and seemed a bit, well, uptight and snooty, actaully, bitched and complained alot about thailand , so i wish them luck in their new adventurous move. he's selling his goats so anyone interested, they are all vaccinated etc unusual for thailand , if someone is interested, pm me, he gave permission i could pass on his address and email. his buck and several nannies were quite nice looking for milk or meat goats.

suvanaphum was fine as an airport, just a beurocratic snafu for anon due to him not haveing a stamp from labour dept. for leaving thailand again... noone of course bothered to tell us, or any other thai worker for that matter, but a nice official helped and we were able to leave as planned.

a long summary here instead of lots of separate posts...

bina and anon

back in israel

Glad everything went ok & you had a good time. Hopefully now that you are married your next trip can be a nice relaxing holiday.

Get plenty of rest & prepare yourself for the next stage of govie crap on the Israel side. :o

COngratulations :D

Congrats Bina! Glad to hear all went well, you must be relieved its finally over!

Good luck in Israel, will you still stay on the kibbutz then? What about Anon, will this make it easier for him to stay, find work?