Thai poll shows more people satisfied with livelihood

webfact

Poll shows more people satisfied with livelihood

am.jpg

BANGKOK, 29 August 2016 (NNT) – A Kasetsat University poll has shown that an increasing number of people are satisfied with their quality of life during the government’s 2-year term. 

Kasetsat University’s Asia Market Expertise Center (AMEC) Director Paitoon Chetthamrongchai has announced the result of the “The Quality of Life among Thai People in the Last 2 Years of Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha’s Government” poll, conducted with 4,000 samples aged 18-60 years old from all regions of Thailand, showing that the majority of the general public are satisfied with their quality of life. 

The poll says the mean score is at 6.65, which is higher than the results from the previous poll conducted one and a half years after the current government took office. The general public's consent was reflected from a better economy and the resolution of lingering issues in the agricultural sector such as the mitigation of the drought and low produce prices. 

On the question of which government officials play the most important role in helping improve the quality of life, most people say that Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has contributed the most, followed by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence Gen Prawit Wongsuwon, Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives Gen Chatchai Sarikulya, and Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak. 

Mr. Paitoon added on issues that the general public would like to have resolved as soon as possible include the sluggish performance of the domestic economy, export, the increasing cost of living, and the low price of agricultural produce.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-08-29

The propaganda tries to make the government sound normal referring to its "" two year term"" it's not a term ...it's a forced power base ...by hardware military ...not elections.

These polls assume people are utterly and totally stupid.

Why the hell do they even bother?

So people want the sluggish domestic economy,    the increasing cost of living and the low price of agricultural produce resolved asap.

These are all major issues yet it's still claimed the same people are satisfied with the quality of their life because the economy was better and issues in the agricultural sector such as low prices had been resolved   ?

Catchy title for the poll i don't think.   Surely something shorter could have been thought up unless of course they felt they just had to get the PM's name etc in there.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

So people want the sluggish domestic economy,    the increasing cost of living and the low price of agricultural produce resolved asap.

These are all major issues yet it's still claimed the same people are satisfied with the quality of their life because the economy was better and issues in the agricultural sector such as low prices had been resolved   ?

Catchy title for the poll i don't think.   Surely something shorter could have been thought up unless of course they felt they just had to get the PM's name etc in there.

Strangely enough much the same concerns in Oz, though without the agricultural produce prices. Must be a contagion brought home by tourists.

3 hours ago, Plutojames88 said:

The propaganda tries to make the government sound normal referring to its "" two year term"" it's not a term ...it's a forced power base ...by hardware military ...not elections.

That is actually a very good question - Why DO they even bother? We all know it is nonsense and I don't imagine the average Thai is remotely interested - too busy struggling to pay the bills, for one thing - so what are the military junta hoping to achieve?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The poll says the mean score is at 6.65, which is higher than the results from the previous poll conducted one and a half years after the current government took office.

Sounds like the beginning of a PR program towards a certain PM to run for office in 2017, 2018 or whenever.

4 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

So people are satisfied because things are going well but not well enough that they don't want more   ?

Doesn't that equate to not being satisfied   ?

"A Kasetsat University poll has shown that an increasing number of people are satisfied with their quality of life during the government’s 2-year term. "

Saying they are satisfied with their livelihood under the new regime surely beats the alternative if they disagree too emphatically....Deadlihood. 

Edited by jaltsc

4 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I was asked to participate in the last Dusit propaganda poll. I gave up after reading the suggestive questions...

2 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

I was asked to participate in the last Dusit propaganda poll. I gave up after reading the suggestive questions...

I suppose you were still counted as having said Yes in all the right places

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"Kasetsat University’s Asia Market Expertise Center"

Ironic that an official news bureau cannot even get the official name of the university (in English) correct: Kasetsart. Or maybe this is just a fictitious university that conducted a fictitious poll... 

7 hours ago, Plutojames88 said:

Another doofus poll.