Paris restaurant 'refuses to serve Muslim women'

webfact

11 hours ago, Chicog said:

I live in a Muslim country, and according to my records I have not been killed yet for buying pork in one of several supermarkets that Muslims use.

There is a separate room labelled "Pork section", and most of them don't go in it.

Even to kill you.

Knock on wood. Must be Indonesia?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

You will when you start reading a better news provider, there are groups numbering in the millions that condemn the attacks, there are groups of thousands of Mullahs condemning the attacks, there have been condemnations from Muslims worldwide, just because your tabloid keeps you in the dark doesn't mean they don't happen.

Can you please provide links to the groups numbering in millions and the groups of thousands of Mullahs condemning the attacks?

I am not familiar with French laws but almost every restaurant in America  has a sign near the cash register that states 

WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE  TO ANYONE

Quote from link :

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/the-right-to-refuse-service-can-a-business-refuse-service-to-someone-because-of-appearance

US anti-discrimination laws are enacted by federal, state and local governments.

"The entire United States is covered by the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination by privately owned places of public accommodation on the basis of race, color, religion or national origin. Places of “public accommodation” include hotels, restaurants, theaters, banks, health clubs and stores. Nonprofit organizations such as churches are generally exempt from the law."

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, stander said:

I have disdain for all religion, and again if that makes me a bigot, I wear the badge with pride.

To quote Steven Weinberg -

“Good people do good things and evil people do evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”

Ironic for someone so opposed to religion to use a notion like "doing evil", which is a force without explanatory cause, the belief in there being evil requires belief in the supernatural.

27 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

I am not familiar with French laws but almost every restaurant in America  has a sign near the cash register that states 

WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE  TO ANYONE

Yes, and that's not true either.

8 minutes ago, stander said:

So called "Moderate" Muslims say that "there will always be extremists", but they feed on the same rulebook, the Quran as the extremists

Yes... and they will sit around and keep quite and allow the extremists to do their thing.

In the second word war most Germans were not extreme Nazis.. but it only takes a small percent of the population to go extreme to control the rest.  That's what happens in Muslim cultures.  The extreme ones hold the power and control.. and the normal people are too scared to stand up to them in case they get accused of going against their religion and get punished.

Yes... and they will sit around and keep quite and allow the extremists to do their thing.

In the second word war most Germans were not extreme Nazis.. but it only takes a small percent of the population to go extreme to control the rest.  That's what happens in Muslim cultures.  The extreme ones hold the power and control.. and the normal people are too scared to stand up to them in case they get accused of going against their religion and get punished.

Must be Godwin's law...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

6 minutes ago, Pimay1 said:

Can you please provide links to the groups numbering in millions and the groups of thousands of Mullahs condemning the attacks?

Nahdlatul Ulama has 50 million members and they denounce every terrorist attack, look them up.  

Over 50 Islamic leaders and thousands of Mullahs signed statements denouncing terrorism on September 14th 2001, countless Fatwas have been written condemning terrorism.  

http://kurzman.unc.edu/islamic-statements-against-terrorism/

It is only a fool who could think that Muslims, who are killed 8 to 1 to non-Muslims by terrorists, would not be against terrorist attacks.

22 minutes ago, stander said:

So called "Moderate" Muslims say that "there will always be extremists", but they feed on the same rulebook, the Quran as the extremists

Same goes for Christians, there will always be the extremists like the KKK and the rule book is the same for all, but to imagine that that means that every Christian is a potential extremist is absurd.

17 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Yeah, it's not as if there is a war raging in Syria is it?  Oh no, they just let ISIS waltz in and take over!  :w00t:

24 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Ironic for someone so opposed to religion to use a notion like "doing evil", which is a force without explanatory cause, the belief in there being evil requires belief in the supernatural.

How pedantic of you. Can't you grasp that "evil" can also mean bad. 

what is questionable with Islam is that Islam forms a complete system combining religion, politics, law, civilization and manners

what majority of french people do not want is to be confronted in the public space, to muslims who think they can live in France the way they live or would live  in a muslim country.

and yes, veils, and burkini, etc.. are seen as identity folklore forms worn by people who want their faith to be visible.

with recent repeated terrorists attacks and atrocities committed by persons claiming their faith , yes it's true you can easily turn islamophobic.

this present restaurant's case is not the cause, it's the consequence.

Saisissez du texte ou l'adresse d'un site Web, ou importez un document à traduire.

Edited by Opl

Unbelievable the shit storm here, absolutely unbelievable. I'm not sure whether or not a business owner is allowed to refuse service to prospective customers in France, but presume giving a reason based on identity is illegal.

Never Mind I'm opposed to all boycotts based on someone's nationality, race or religion. Anybody who posted condemning the restaurant owner but approving of boycotts elsewhere based on identity is a flaming hypocrite.

Further to this the selective focus of the news on some identity based discrimination but totally ignoring longstanding and far worse examples is absolutely sickening.

For me, I doubt if these 2 "Muslimas" were aware of the origin of the name of the restaurant 'The Cenacle'.

The restaurant is named after a religious place in Jerusalem, also known as the "Upper Room", which is the site of the Last Supper.

It's known as one of the first churches, but later on changed into a synagogue, a mosque, etc. But remains as an important pilgrim place for Christians.

In AD 1009 the church was destroyed by the Muslim caliph Al-Hakim.
Quote from link :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cenacle

"The Cenacle is considered the site where many other events described in the New Testament took place, such as:

- preparation for the celebration of Jesus' final Passover meal
- the washing of his disciples' feet
- certain resurrection appearances of Jesus
- the gathering of the disciples after the Ascension of Jesus
- the election of Saint Matthias as apostle
- the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples on the day of Pentecost."

1 hour ago, Shawn0000 said:

But that isn't what it means, it means a force that drives people to be bad, it is a supernatural concept.

Wrong. That is only one of the meanings. Not the sole and exclusive meaning. In modern usage it is most often used in a non-supernatural sense.  

The internet is a wonderfully variable thing.

It can, as we see, provide both a means for people to find information an imform themselves while at the same time a means for bigots to declare their ignorance and hatred.

The usaul suspects flock in with increasingly proudly proclaimed ignorance, bigotry and hatred.

What a healthy environment TVF is becoming.

2 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Same goes for Christians, there will always be the extremists like the KKK and the rule book is the same for all, but to imagine that that means that every Christian is a potential extremist is absurd.

No REAL Christian is an extremist. Jesus said "love your enemy" not "kill him".

Religion is the culprit. Religion is not the same as faith. Religion is what people use to have power over other people and get rich. Just look at the Catholics. Does the pope sell all that the church has and give it to the poor?

I say. IMO, the restaurant owner has the right to exclude anyone he wants to, as long as doing so is not illegal.

21 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

I among many would not allow any person into my establishment if they were wearing any apparel that concealed their identity :)  Must say I often wondered how they ate food with their faces covered over, must be spaghetti sauce all over the shop ! I also must comment on the numerous people who seem to think there is nothing wrong with walking around with nothing to show if they are male or female or anything else. I seriously believe your heads are where the sun never shines :)

On 8/29/2016 at 7:58 AM, daveAustin said:

Bit overboard but can't really blame the French after all the flack they've received from their 'guests'.

How do you know they are guests', as you call them The two women could very well be French citizens. 

The owner even said to them "Racists don't kill people", which how dim-witted he really is. 

Funnily enough a Muslim lady who works with me was laughing at how Bedouin women at a wedding she went to declined to take off their "beaks" while they were eating, even though it was strictly a Hen event.

Found it quite funny, she did.

On 8/29/2016 at 0:23 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The world is going insane - people are forgetting their humanity...  

When normal people respond in these ways the Terrorists are already winning.... 

Very naive pseudo neo liberal knee jerk post. Please do pick out the humanitarian bits from this video of a local mosque's madrasa in the UK. This clip was from a documentary dated 2008. You believe they've all been shut down? 

Wholeheartedly agree with the last sentence though. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No REAL Christian is an extremist. Jesus said "love your enemy" not "kill him".

Religion is the culprit. Religion is not the same as faith. Religion is what people use to have power over other people and get rich. Just look at the Catholics. Does the pope sell all that the church has and give it to the poor?

I say. IMO, the restaurant owner has the right to exclude anyone he wants to, as long as doing so is not illegal.

You are correct, and the same goes for Muslims, no real Muslim is a terrorist as it goes directly against the laws in the Quran which only permit killing in defense, some Muslims twist these word to suit their agenda like some Christian extremists have to suit their, no difference whatsoever.

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Bigotry: "intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself"

Hehe.

You missed off the next bit, "especially one who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups (especially, and originally, other religious groups)".  Bigotry does not extend to showing a disdain for others bigotry, that is just nonsense.