Australian man 'put acid in sex club lubricant'

webfact

Australian man 'put acid in sex club lubricant'

SYDNEY: -- A 62-year-old man was arrested after allegedly filling a lubricant dispenser with hydrochloric acid at a sex club in Australia.

No serious injuries were reported in the incident at "gay and bi social club" Aarows in northwest Sydney.

Items in the room had been fitted with anti-tampering alarms after they had been interfered with in the past.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-37211348

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-08-29

1 hour ago, a10ams said:

Hydrochloric acid !!!!

That's the stuff they put in car batteries.

Has anyone been 'charged'?

Sorry.

Hydrochloric acid may be used in the production, but most automotive batteries use sulfuric acid. 

1 hour ago, Kabula said:

Grand Pa must have had some serious anger issues!

I never heard of swingers being to angry.

How can there not be some serious medical problems unless water was close by?

I bet the aftermath beats a hot chillie sauce

Ah yes, a communal lubricant basin; how hygienic. Reminds me when they first put the Jacuzzi tubs in Mabalacat--outside Clark, Angeles City PI, for the uninformed. You could arrange a special tryst with a lady of negotiable virtue and the bath would already be drawn---by the ones before you, or the ones before them or; oh well, water was expensive, full of lotion, and the bubbles covered so much.

8 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Jeez, I thought they were talking LSD.... maybe cop comes from "you always hurt the one you love" mindset. If that ain't hate, please tell me what is

Likewise, from the headline I thought he'd put LSD in the lube; get the party started with a whiz bang pop!!! :bah:

5 hours ago, smotherb said:

Ah yes, a communal lubricant basin; how hygienic. Reminds me when they first put the Jacuzzi tubs in Mabalacat--outside Clark, Angeles City PI, for the uninformed. You could arrange a special tryst with a lady of negotiable virtue and the bath would already be drawn---by the ones before you, or the ones before them or; oh well, water was expensive, full of lotion, and the bubbles covered so much.

Not a  basin.

A dispenser.

12 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Life saving, if somewhat uncomfortable for the first half an hour,may give them pause for thought

The level of the homophobia that you express is EPIC. 

If people of any sexuality engage in recreational sex, they should use lubricants and condoms, and arguably some people should consider taking preventative medications that are becoming more common in the USA now.

The lubricant should not be tampered with with damaging acid that would both destroy condoms and I presume severe skin burns.

Dude, I know you are just provoking here in an incredibly offensive way, but if the idea of  gay sex is such a problem for you, I suggest you just avoid having it. 

I will also add that lubricants in gay sex club would indeed be used for anal sex, but also sometimes for mutual masturbation as well, which would certainly be considered very safe sex. Sometimes for sex play with toys as well. In fact, a significant percentage of gay men don't even enjoy anal sex.

I would assume most probably that a sex club offering lubricants would also be offering access to condoms, or even FREE condoms are not uncommon in such venues.

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The level of the homophobia that you express is EPIC. 

If people of any sexuality engage in recreational sex, they should use lubricants and condoms, and arguably some people should consider taking preventative medications that are becoming more common in the USA now.

The lubricant should not be tampered with with damaging acid that would both destroy condoms and I presume severe skin burns.

Dude, I know you are just provoking here in an incredibly offensive way, but if the idea of  gay sex is such a problem for you, I suggest you just avoid having it. 

I will also add that lubricants in gay sex club would indeed be used for anal sex, but also sometimes for mutual masturbation as well, which would certainly be considered very safe sex. Sometimes for sex play with toys as well. In fact, a significant percentage of gay men don't even enjoy anal sex.

I would assume most probably that a sex club offering lubricants would also be offering access to condoms, or even FREE condoms are not uncommon in such venues.

Your use of the word venue gives it an almost respectable sound, it's a gay brothel. Admittedly Hydrochloric acid was a little OT, a generous handful of chillie powder would have done just as well and wouldn't have been so dangerous. I must admit to laughing out loud when i read the article though.

Of course virulently anti-gay bigots would find violent attacks on gay people so funny.

That's exactly what this was -- an attempted violent attack.

Brothels imply houses of prostitution.

I don't think the place in the news story was like that.

I will say that people can have rational and non-hateful discussions on whether sex clubs should be allowed to operate at all. There are reasonable arguments, pro and con, as a public health issue.

But this thread isn't about that.

It's about a violent attack on an existing and LEGAL venue.

When they do operate, it's certainly a good thing that safer sex things are made available, such as condoms, lube that doesn't destroy condoms, showers and soap, and information about how to have safer sex.

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, hdkane said:

I don't understand your post...how is christianity implicated in the story?

In the absence of detail, it's quite natural to consider what would motivate someone to do something like this.  Religion was the first thing I thought of as well.

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Supplying lubricant for the bearings means people go to this 'club' to engage in anal sex with strangers, seems to me considering the HIV danger, that adding hydrochloric acid could be considered as a sanitary service.

disgusting comment.

hope you are not one of those guys chasing gay men and ladyboys and engaging anal sex with them - or chased by ladyboys or gay men? -  while posting such nonsense to prove yourself and the world that you are not gay?

you know such posts and discrimination towards LGBT individuals mostly comes from hidden gays or LGBT individuals want to prove themselves like they are not gay or LGBT individuals acts of contradiction therefore desperation.

Edited by Galactus

2 hours ago, Galactus said:

disgusting comment.

hope you are not one of those guys chasing gay men and ladyboys and engaging anal sex with them - or chased by ladyboys or gay men? -  while posting such nonsense to prove yourself and the world that you are not gay?

you know such posts and discrimination towards LGBT individuals mostly comes from hidden gays or LGBT individuals want to prove themselves like they are not gay or LGBT individuals acts of contradiction therefore desperation.

I fail to see how it's disgusting but i'm not PC. I laughed out loud when i read the article because i let my imagination run wild about what the scene would have looked like,a Monty Python comedy but i would have laughed if this had happened in a hetero sex 'club' as well, i don't think i am alone in seeing the humour in this news report.

I fail to see how it's disgusting but i'm not PC. I laughed out loud when i read the article because i let my imagination run wild about what the scene would have looked like,a Monty Python comedy but i would have laughed if this had happened in a hetero sex 'club' as well, i don't think i am alone in seeing the humour in this news report.

Nobody believes you.

7 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Your use of the word venue gives it an almost respectable sound, it's a gay brothel. Admittedly Hydrochloric acid was a little OT, a generous handful of chillie powder would have done just as well and wouldn't have been so dangerous. I must admit to laughing out loud when i read the article though.

Your just jealous you weren't invited...probably because of your chillie willie!  :gigglem: