What drinking water filter do you recommend???

zeekgarcia

I have a T.C Water filter reverse osmosis system with a 'made in USA' label,  in my apartment since around the year 2000.  Normally, I change main filters regularly and have used the same tech to do it all these years and the water is the best I have drunk in Bangkok.  However, this time my regular tech was unavailable as he moved upcountry and he sent another tech who changed all the filters

Now the water tastes awful and will contact my original tech tomorrow about this.  Is it possible the new tech used cheaper/unuthorized filters or  does anyone have any other suggestions.  The water tasted better before the change altho I could tell from experience that it was due to be changed.

If I recall correctly, I tried to contact the company before but never received a reply, possibly due to language difficulties.

BTW, not my imagination, my maa bahn did a blind taste test and came out with the same opinion. 

Edited by snooky

On 8/30/2016 at 5:46 PM, Kabula said:

I've used Brita filters for years.  I like the water pitcher with the filter inside that fits nicely in the refrigerator. The water tastes great and the filter captures most heavy metals and more.

We do the same - only with the PUR pitcher in the fridge....We've used for years - always good water....

Have used in a few different countries.....

We do the same - only with the PUR pitcher in the fridge....We've used for years - always good water....

Have used in a few different countries.....

Interesting. Are they powerful enough to deal with the water here? Not really seen V either as I've not really been looking but how readily available are the filters etc and how are the prices? Does it work out cheaper than getting water delivered. I get through a LOT what with cooking etc. Just wondering if the jugs would have the capacity to keep up?

Sent using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, SooKee said:

Interesting. Are they powerful enough to deal with the water here? Not really seen V either as I've not really been looking but how readily available are the filters etc and how are the prices? Does it work out cheaper than getting water delivered. I get through a LOT what with cooking etc. Just wondering if the jugs would have the capacity to keep up?

Sent using Tapatalk

If you check out the performance of the PUR it out performs the Brita filter.....

We are a family of 4.....About once every 3 months I replace the filter - sometimes 4 months depending on how quickly it still flows into the canister.....The filters run about $9. - $11 apiece on Ebay & I start searching when I'm down to 2......

In checking online some people go 6 months to a year before changing their filters.....

The container/canister usually sells for about $25-30 with one or two filters as a starter 2 sizes I think & we have the larger 11 cup - check capacity when looking online.....Ebay has them also - as well as a big one that basically takes up a lot of room like a water keg that stays on the shelf & has no handle....

They have to be kept below 60'C?/F?  to work well so ours isn't ever left out & sits in the fridge door.....

Screenshot_2016-11-07-13-12-46-93.png

Anybody have any experience with this one?

STIEBEL ELTRON Water Filter Pitcher Flow Pitcher White

STIEBEL ELTRON

STIEBEL ELTRON Water Filter Pitcher Flow Pitcher White
Product ID O161434(IND0010549)
  •  
  •  

The ‘Flow’ water filter pitcher provides high quality drinking water by using hollow fiber membrane to filter out bacteria. High quality carbon material improves the taste of water and silver ions technology avoid the growth of bacteria inside the cartridge to keeps the cartridge always fresh. With compact shape that can fits into your fridge for better taste and with lifetime indicator, Flow water filter pitcher provides you drinking water at maximum convenience

• Can instantly filter tap water into drinking water
Edited by Will27

Update my previous post - TC water filter came through - found an agent spoke excellent English and they are going to replace my fifteen year plus old system - new one costs 3200 bt whereas the new man that came around wanted 6500 for the same one.  If the new one works as well, will be very happy and will recommend to anyone that has the room under their sink or close by to get one. All tastes are different but found the filter I have been using to have better tasting water than using Brita or similar in NY (which is supposed to have the best water in the US).  All IMHO! 

We bought an Amway filter in 2007 ... quite expensive. Last changed the cartridge slightly over one year ago at a cost of 4698Baht. I don't know how much filtered water we use but it's a lot! Judging by the indicator it will  need changing again in 6 weeks or so.

So up to now it's purchase cost is about 6Baht a day. Usage cost, this year, of just over 11baht a day ... that's quite a lot!

We are close to the water company outlet so our water is pretty well drinkable from the tap...YMMV