Prosecutor postpones decision on money laundering case against Dhammachayo

webfact

Prosecutor postpones decision on money laundering case against Dhammachayo

image-2-wpcf_693x413.png

BANGKOK: -- The public prosecutor has decided to postpone a decision on a case in which Phra Dhammachayo was charged with money laundering and receiving stolen valuables along with a handful of people in connection with Klongchan Credit Union Cooperatives.

Lt Somnoek Siangkong, spokesman of the Office of the Attorney-General, said Tuesday that the decision had to be postponed to October 6 as the public prosecutor was yet to receive additional evidences from the Department of Special Investigation.

Also because there are many people affected by the alleged fraud in the cooperatives and the damage was substantial as well as the fact that the case involves a huge amount of documents to be examined, he said the public prosecutor had to be very cautious and to ensure fairness for all parties concerned.

In the meantime, two suspects in the case who were granted bail reported themselves to the public prosecutor on Tuesday. They are Mrs Saranya Manmud and Mrs Thongpin Kanlom, former manager and former vice chairman of Klongchan Credit Union Cooperatives respectively.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prosecutor-postpones-decision-money-laundering-case-dhammachayo/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-31

We have enough evidence to charge him.

Ohh wait a minute, that will make me very unpopular with his pals/ followers.

Wait a minute i think i will delay bringing charges, then let it slowly drift into oblivion.

Wait a while people will forget about it then i can  get off the hook.

Absolute disgrace, but not unexpected Thainess at its best.

If this story is still making the International Press, the public overseas must be laughing their socks off at all these antics and no doubt guessing correctly what is behind them. At the risk of stating the obvious, Thailand's reputation for justice is almost non-existent, despite all declarations to the contrary by the powers that be.

It's only dragged on this long cos the original cheque bounced. Plus too many top people are up to their neck's in this stinking mess.

I'll be very surprised now if the boss ever faces anything, tho a few minor underlings might be sacrificed in the name of face.