Brazil’s Dilma Rousseff removed from presidential office after senator’s impeachment vote

webfact

Brazil’s Dilma Rousseff removed from presidential office after senator’s impeachment vote

606x341_342731.jpg

BRASILIA: -- Dilma Rousseff has been removed from presidential office after Brazil’s Senate voted to impeach her.

Senators voted by 61 to 20 to convict her of breaking budget laws, by illegally using money from state banks to boost public spending.

Rousseff, who denies the charges, has said moves to impeach her were aconstitutional coup d’etat.

Her conservative former Vice President Michel Temer, who has run the country since her suspension in May, will be sworn to serve out the remainder of her term through 2018.

A separate vote will be held on whether Rousseff will be barred from public office for eight years.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-09-01

*removed post removed*

From what I have read, Rousseff's replacement, Michel Temer, who is from the conservative opposition party, is cozy with the Brazilian big banks and Wall Street (Goldman Sachs in Brazil, etc.).  That would make, in my eyes, Temer to be more like Hillary Clinton.

I think Rousseff has actual left-wing political convictions.  Clinton, on the other hand, will say anything to get elected.  I know that Sanders has stated strong language to support Rousseff.  I don't know about Clinton.

Rousseff's failures and her ejection from the presidency by the Congress further confirms the trends in Latin America. From Cuba to Argentina, governments and their populations are turning away from the insidious designs of foreign powers, namely CCP China and Russia.

Governments sympathetic to Putin and to Xi Jinping and CCP have failed or are failing miserably. Rousseff is by far the biggest fish of the biggest country of the region south of the US border. The leftist government of Venezuela long ago ran out of other people's money and the collapse of oil prices has put the leftist economy profoundly in the tank.

As the 'B' in the fallen and crushed Brics, Brazil is out of it. Russia lost 5% off GDP last year and has cut the government's budget by 50% due to its reliance on tanked energy prices. India is already a couple of years of out the now nonexistent Brics and has signed new strategic partnership agreements with the US. CCP in Beijing just took more gas as consumer spending hit a new low and household income -- vital and critical to economic and financial reform -- is fading. South Africa is in its own world down there.

Rousseff's disappearance into the maw that is leftist political economy combined with the USA long overdue rapprochement with Cuba has fundamentally brought Latin America back into the US orbit. Cuba will be having democratic elections and economic prosperity in a decade or so, which is about how long it will take Brazil to recover from this leftist and foreign attempt at interposition. 

Screw China and Russia. And their fanboyz.

5 hours ago, Publicus said:

this leftist and foreign attempt at interposition. 

"Foreign attempt at interposition" ???

Check the facts - Rousseff was turffed out due to 'cooking the books' and then lying about it.

What foreigners are you talking about?  :facepalm:

6 hours ago, Publicus said:

Rousseff's failures and her ejection from the presidency by the Congress further confirms the trends in Latin America. From Cuba to Argentina, governments and their populations are turning away from the insidious designs of foreign powers, namely CCP China and Russia.

Governments sympathetic to Putin and to Xi Jinping and CCP have failed or are failing miserably. Rousseff is by far the biggest fish of the biggest country of the region south of the US border. The leftist government of Venezuela long ago ran out of other people's money and the collapse of oil prices has put the leftist economy profoundly in the tank.

As the 'B' in the fallen and crushed Brics, Brazil is out of it. Russia lost 5% off GDP last year and has cut the government's budget by 50% due to its reliance on tanked energy prices. India is already a couple of years of out the now nonexistent Brics and has signed new strategic partnership agreements with the US. CCP in Beijing just took more gas as consumer spending hit a new low and household income -- vital and critical to economic and financial reform -- is fading. South Africa is in its own world down there.

Rousseff's disappearance into the maw that is leftist political economy combined with the USA long overdue rapprochement with Cuba has fundamentally brought Latin America back into the US orbit. Cuba will be having democratic elections and economic prosperity in a decade or so, which is about how long it will take Brazil to recover from this leftist and foreign attempt at interposition. 

Screw China and Russia. And their fanboyz.

If I am understanding you correctly, it sounds like you view the current situation in Brazil as if there still is a Cold War.  According to the CIA, China was Brazil’s number one trading partner in 2013 and the USA was second.  They only list the top four and Russia is not among them.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2050.html#br

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2061.html#br

Rousseff’s replacement, Michel Temer, belongs to a party that broke off from Rousseff’s party and is seen now as more of a center-right party.  About two weeks ago, Temer was “…considering a senior executive at Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS.N) and an experienced money manager as candidates to join his economic team….”

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-brazil-politics-cabinet-idUSKCN0XC2O4

Yet, according to the Wall Street Journal, Temer will soon be off to China for the G-20 meeting, where he “…will hobnob with foreign leaders and look to strengthen relations with trading partners, including China, Brazil’s biggest buyer of iron ore and other commodities.”  [Emphasis added.]  

http://www.wsj.com/articles/michel-temer-seeks-new-start-as-brazils-president-1472676685

I do agree with you that the new administration will very likely water down the more leftist policies of Rousseff and her Worker’s Party.  And, I do agree with you that this may be part of a current trend in Latin America towards the right, although the next Brazilian presidential election will be telling.  However, I don’t see this in the same USA vs. China/Russia Cold War paradigm.  As revealed with Temer’s intent at the G-20, I think Brazil is just looking to do business with whomever can best benefit Brazil's economy regardless of former Cold War divisions.