Farangs In Thailand

Maigo6

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The United States give a lot of money to Thailand. What does Thailand do for the United States?

The US used to give Thailand $20,000,000 dollars a year - a lot of money if you are one person, not much if you are a country.

Since the coup they have stopped that - so currently Thailand receives $0.00 from the US - not much in anyone's book.

That's not true. The US has only stopped military aid to Thailand and are still sending very large sums of money for social programs.

meemiathai it's become very obvious that you have a problem with white people.

From reading his posts i would tend to agree. :D

According to the logic of both of you, you certainly won't disagree if I say most farangs have a problem with thai people. :o

I have close relatives who are white and I love them.

My posts were made simply to tell what I have observed. Like what you might write down in a laboratory. They weren't out of hatred.

The OP as a farang started a very good thread IMO. I am sure it would be quite difficult for a white person to see how themselves are being viewed by others. I write hoping to bring to attention at least some people so they would at least be aware of the matter. Maybe they would start noticing how some of their people treat others.

I could have always said something pleasant here to please people. I enjoy being liked by people too. I could have just pretended that I love you people no matter what shortcomings you have but hate you inside. But that is just not me. Faked stuff just ain't my cup of tea.

I hope most if not all members could understand where I am coming from. And will not start disliking me.(maybe started a long time ago already? :D ) Especially you Khun Sing Sling. Have always liked your presence. :D If this was a HK chinese forum, no chance at all me surviving if I were to criticize them the same way. But I have faith for this one, very good quality members.

BTW, I must praise the Mods for not blindfoldingly closing this thread thinking that it is racist.

Thanks Thaivisa, thanks TV members. I have learned a lot from you guys. :D

i hate everyone, I only like goodlooking women.

Me too. Little different thing is that I like not so goodlooking women as well.

Good points, the not so good looking ones are nice if they can make you laugh, let you be totaly your beer drinking, girl watching, crotch scratching self. And the Good looking ones are awsome so long as they don't think think the world owes them something cause their hot, like most hot chicks back home do.

Xie Xie Ni, Khun Meemiathai! :o Likewise, and my kids are in the same boat as you, not Canto, but Hokkien and gweilo mix.

As a closing sentence to this thread (for me)

Having gone through all these pages I think it is obvious, however, that as an individual I am better off being Caucasian in Asia than if I were Asian in a Caucasian country.

Edited by Sing_Sling

why would you say such a stupid thing? i work for a company that employs 99% Thai staff and have many Thai friends are they not "normal thai people" and why would you generalise that i hang out with whores?

Mark, Neeranam was spitting his venom at me not you,

Unless of course you also happen to live or have lived in Pattaya.

Owning a 4WD will also attract many a strange comment from Neeranam too. :o

oh now i understand, no dont live in Pattaya however am looking at a 4WD at the moment, lost between a choice of a Fortuner / G Wagon or to go for a twin cab Vigo!!

Judging by many comments on this Forum and all other Thai related Forums, Farangs appear to think they are somewhat superior to Thai people.

Many seem to want Thailand to become more westernised, more like the country they once lived in, before they fled that very same country and moved to Thailand. Of course, there are certain things they would want to keep just as they are, like the cost of living etc.

And Farangs in Thailand are the minority and feel that everything is against them, it's a typical minority attitude. If a Farang gets stopped by the Police in Thailand, the Farang will complain, " I only got stopped because I'm a Farang, the fact that 300 Thai motorists were also stopped escapes his attention.

I don't want a long post, so I will sum up.......

In the UK there have been acts of violence against Asians ever since Asians came to the UK, for no other reason than they are Asian ( remember Paki bashing ? ). luckily in Thailand this is not the case against Farangs , yet!

The West Indians never suffered the same physical attacks because they are somewhat bigger and intimidate the white man, so the Asians who just wanted to keep themselves to themselves ended up bearing the brunt of these racial attacks, they were seen as an easy target.

Luckily for Farangs, Thai people don't have that attitude.

To all Farangs who keep complaining and wishing Thais would be more like the people in their own countries, be careful, you may just get what you wish for.

:o

Very very good topic :D

oh now i understand, no dont live in Pattaya however am looking at a 4WD at the moment, lost between a choice of a Fortuner / G Wagon or to go for a twin cab Vigo!!

Mark, if you have the extra dosh over the price of a Vigo and don't need the pick ups carrying capacity, I suggest Fortuner, I bought one in January, great motor.

Fortuner v G Wagon = Referee stopped contest as G Wagon unable to defend itself. :o