Stamps transfered to new passeport in Hua Hin

I transferred my extension stamp from my old passport to my new passport at the Chaing Rai Immigration office in July 2016.

There were no photocopies required and it was free.

I did have to fill out the Foreign National Information form though

Edit

No embassy letter was required.

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 1

Khon Kaen was cheaper, 200 Baht only, no receipt :whistling:

Photocopies old/new required, and one page "application form" (they LOVE paper).

No one asking for the embassy letter (which I had).

The Swiss include it in the discount price of only 5370 Baht for new passport ;)

Edited by KhunBENQ

27 minutes ago, henry15 said:

It should be free, it was so in  immigration Nonthaburi last april

Yes, when I did the transfer at Jomtien there was no charge.

-Letter from US Consulate asking Immigration to transfer all from old to new passport

Not sure I understand what the reference to the "US Consulate" is if the O/P has a Belgian passport. Even for Americans the letter would be from the US Embassy citizen services unless the applicant was in Chiang Mai. I expect even the letter issued at the Consulate in Chiang Mai would be on behalf of the embassy.

50 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Not sure I understand what the reference to the "US Consulate" is if the O/P has a Belgian passport.

The quotes only show that a letter from your Embassy or Consulate was mandatory in some Immigration Offices. I am aware that I will get official documents only from the Belgian Embassy!

;)

13 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Transferred  stamps myself at Hua Hin a few months ago

In and out in 15 minutes, like you I paid the 500 Baht, the 500 Baht is NOT a official fee, the service should be free

Just to add when I questioned the I/O about the 500 Baht fee and told him it should be a free service his reply was it's not me it's the boss,

As I go in there a lot I didn't want any hassle, they charged me the same "fee" 9 years ago when I transferred stamps, old habits die hard I guess :lol:

All I needed was:

• Old passport
  • New passport
  • 3 Copies of old passport:
  1. page with photo
  2. page with visa
  3. page with last extension
  • 2 copies of new passport
  1. page with photo
  2. page with Visa on arrival (last week at BKK) + TM6 Departure card
  • 500 THB

Can I seek clarification, please.

You required one copy of old passport with the page with photo, page with visa, and page with last extension?  Or 3 copies of same?

You required one copy of new passport page with photo?  Or tw0 copies of new passport?

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, JimHuaHin said:

You required one copy of old passport with the page with photo, page with visa, and page with last extension?  Or 3 copies of same?

You required one copy of new passport page with photo?  Or tw0 copies of new passport?

One copy of each page is the way I read it giving a total of 3 or 2 copies.

16 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Transferred  stamps myself at Hua Hin a few months ago

In and out in 15 minutes, like you I paid the 500 Baht, the 500 Baht is NOT a official fee, the service should be free

i totally agree with this comment.  I too had to pay 500 baht for a FREE service........of course, a receipt was NOT provided.

I know its only 500 baht, but this corruption stuff is getting on my nerves a bit now.  I bet it was the same miserable woman copper there who charged it...........