Grass cutting riders

eero

Hello

Have somebody idea what is the best ride on lawn mower and can buy from Khon Kaen. 5 rai to cut between rosewood (1200pieces)

-Husqvarna

-McCulloch

-Stiga

-Asgatec

-Stiga

-MTD

- Jhon Deer

-Simplicity

Best regards Eero

Chaiyaphum

I have a Asgatec RM 9000 "Type" Lawn Mower :(  Mine isn't branded Asgatec but is identical apart from engine is 13 hp.

My professional opinion of this piece of "machinery" - total crap! If you love maintaining hard to maintain equipment - go for it, from getting your butt burnt due heat from engine, no suspension padding or protection while cutting grass, there are no positives with this piece of crap! The first thing to go is the wiring, followed by the starter relay, followed by the gas tank leaking, rotating equipment wont engage unless it is hammered into position, the list is endless!!!

I could be persuaded to part with this much loved family member! if you are looking for a lifelong project! :)

I would suggest you go and test drive the Troy Blit, as I was not impressed with it. Would not give it space in my garage. John Deere are still the best ride on, if you can find a genuine model in Thailand. Guess you get what you pay for.

I got an answer to my email from offer and after I called to  Buriram shop and I got very good impression from this shop,service, transport to Chaiyaphum , teaching how to work with this and after service, spare parts. I will buy this Troy Blit 17,5 Pony

7 hours ago, Gibbs2 said:

Mine was nearly 500000 and came with plough, grass cutter etc etc and is 4 wheel drive and works fantastic. built to last and an excellent support system

Is it a Ford tractor?

What model is it and is it available in Thailand?

1 hour ago, Gibbs2 said:

Kubota, 3080 or 3060 not at home now will confirm tomorrow, yes readily available here.

My mate across the klong has a big  Kubota with the grass cutter attachment and while it is OK at hacking the big stuff down it makes a mess of it and it doesn't give a close cut. We used it on my neighbours land which was a metre or so high but it sort of ripped it out rather than cut it.

Also not so good at the edges or around the trees.

I did her land last week  using a Honda brush cutter and it took me about 5 mornings work for an hour or so a morning. It is about 1 rai and still has the ruts from when it was ploughed a few years ago and the top end has a lot of stones and rocks. They chew up the blade a lot.

On 9/9/2016 at 10:09 PM, billd766 said:

My mate across the klong has a big  Kubota with the grass cutter attachment and while it is OK at hacking the big stuff down it makes a mess of it and it doesn't give a close cut. We used it on my neighbours land which was a metre or so high but it sort of ripped it out rather than cut it.

Also not so good at the edges or around the trees.

I did her land last week  using a Honda brush cutter and it took me about 5 mornings work for an hour or so a morning. It is about 1 rai and still has the ruts from when it was ploughed a few years ago and the top end has a lot of stones and rocks. They chew up the blade a lot.

Mine is an Kubota L3008 and yes it makes a mess if you do not sharpen the blades regularly, I sharpen mine every time before I use it and it cuts fantastic,

5 hours ago, Gibbs2 said:

Mine is an Kubota L3008 and yes it makes a mess if you do not sharpen the blades regularly, I sharpen mine every time before I use it and it cuts fantastic,

I suspect that the Thai guy who actually does the work does not really understand the terms, maintenance and TLC. When I finish my morning grass cutting with my brush cutter I take it back to the shed, remove and sharpen the blade, turn it over to refit it (thus giving more even blade wear), wash it down and then spray WD 40 on the head and blade as rust protection. I grease the head every couple of weeks and try  to keep it in good condition.

I have found that if I look after my tools they look after me and last longer.