Brexit minister already has team of 300 working on arranging Britain's exit from EU

webfact

Brexit minister already has team of 300 working on arranging Britain's exit from EU

LONDON, Sept. 6 (Xinhua) -- British politicians returned to the Houses of Parliament Monday with the fallout from the decision to quit the European Union top of the agenda.

It was a baptism of fire for the MP (member of the parliament) David Davis, making his debut on the front benches as Theresa May's newly appointed Secretary of State for Exiting the EU, also known as the government's Brexit Minister.

In his first major speech as Brexit Secretary, Davis reiterated the message from Theresa May that there will be no attempt to stay in the EU by the back door, no attempt to delay, frustrate or thwart the will of the British people and no attempt to engineer a second referendum.

Full story: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-09/06/c_135664666.htm

-- Xinhua 2016-09-06

2 minutes ago, webfact said:

In his first major speech as Brexit Secretary, Davis reiterated the message from Theresa May that there will be no attempt to stay in the EU by the back door, no attempt to delay, frustrate or thwart the will of the British people and no attempt to engineer a second referendum.

I hope this is clear and unequivocal for the Remoaners.

Time to get rid of your pessimism and grow some optimism.

1 minute ago, SgtRock said:

Yep, I look forward to the day when Sandyf finally realises that there is no going back................

6 hours ago, SgtRock said:

Well unless it suits the politicians to do a u-turn of course. Then they'll simply lie. Dress it up of course, but lie.

I think that brexit does need to go ahead because the damage is done and cannot be undone.  David Davis said absolutely nothing about any progress because at the moment there isn't any.  I know people are out protesting about nothing happening yet but in reality until there is a cohesive plan brexit cannot move forward. May is out there trying to build trade deals outside of the EU and obviously going after the big players like India and China.  China is being fairly reticent because of Hinkly Point and have warned of the damage that brexit could do.  Ditto Obama who re-iterated that brexit puts Britain at the bottom of the pecking order as far as the USA is concerned.  Of course after November he will not have any say.  How well May does will be seen but I think she should do OK.  

The people put in charge of seeing brexit through are leave supporters and were the very people who made the promises that cannot be delivered.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I do wonder if the vote was taken today without the promises and the lies (from both sides) whether the result would have gone the same way.  Britain did not collapse and fall into recession and thanks to the pound dropping through the floor Britain has become a good and cheap place to buy.  The danger of course is that the pound strengthens on that success and we are then no longer cheap for exporters.  Time will tell on that.

On the other hand the immigration issue is unclear, but won't be anything like as controlled as the brexit boys claimed, the NHS will not be getting extra money (in fact cuts are still being put into place) and nor will the schools.

There are clearly opportunities to grow from here and Britain is very resilient in tricky times.  Initially I was feeling very downhearted by the referendum result but now we just have to get on with it and make as much progress as we can.  We will end up OK but it may be a bumpy ride for a time

There are clearly opportunities to grow from here and Britain is very resilient in tricky times.  Initially I was feeling very downhearted by the referendum result but now we just have to get on with it and make as much progress as we can.  We will end up OK but it may be a bumpy ride for a time

Sums up my view, Initially I was disappointed (& £70k down overnight) but it's (the current) reality now so us Brits will do what we do best... Moan about it whilst rolling our sleeves up & getting on with it.

6 hours ago, JB300 said:

Sums up my view, Initially I was disappointed (& £70k down overnight) but it's (the current) reality now so us Brits will do what we do best... Moan about it whilst rolling our sleeves up & getting on with it.

I think that it is the Bremainers who are moaning the most. The rest of us accepted that we would be worse off in the short term and just get on with life.