Video: Thai man injured as plough ploughs into rival!

webfact

Video: Thai man injured as plough ploughs into rival!

a4.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- It was just another day at the races north of Bangkok - but these were races with a difference.

Local farmers were racing mechanized ploughs or "rot thay" in the local language, reported Thairath.

When suddenly, as the crowd held its collective breath as the drivers began to rev their engines, it all went wrong.

The video shows the driver on the left losing control as he literally ploughs into his rival on the right.

The accident was posted on the Facebook page of Wanna Hormhual who told Thai Rath online reporters later that she took the video when she saw the races while on her way to visit a friend in the Sena area of Ayuthaya province.

She said that the man on the right was injured and ended up with a leg in a splint though he was now out of danger.

The video was viewed by nearly 200,000 people online and there were thousands of shares.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-07

29 minutes ago, CelticBhoy said:

Drag-racing a plough, simpletons defined  :facepalm:

Stupid is as stupid does, but, to be fair, they weren't ploughs - the Iron Buffalo can be used as a plough, but in this case they weren't.

People all over the world will race literally anything at their disposal (lawnmower racing anyone?), often with disastrous consequences, so I don't see Iron Buffalo racing as particularly idiotic.

3 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

Stupid is as stupid does, but, to be fair, they weren't ploughs - the Iron Buffalo can be used as a plough, but in this case they weren't.

People all over the world will race literally anything at their disposal (lawnmower racing anyone?), often with disastrous consequences, so I don't see Iron Buffalo racing as particularly idiotic.

what is so stupid about racing. it is going on pre biblical times.

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

I wonder how much BBP (Brake Buffalo Power) those engines were making?

Stock, 9 - 14bhp, depending on the size of the engine.

550-730cc single cylinder diesels.

Huge flywheels, huge torque and inertia.

You Tube even has a turbo version with fancy wheels.

They are surprisingly difficult to handle at high speed. And extremely tiring as an all day working tool.

Don't ask me how i know...

8 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

Depends on the idiots racing them.

4 hours ago, sahibji said:

OMG what a horrible event gone wrong. there is always a risk in sports  but how the plough from the left veered into the plough on the right is difficult to explain. there must have been some terrible mechanical jam up.

yeah,  a loose nut behind the wheel  lol.