Watch out if using an E-Cigarette in Hua Hin!

drink75

14 hours ago, kaorop said:

Fair enough on the warning, but..................... does she have to hold your hand when you cross the road?:rolleyes:

Why the animosity towards the OP ?... he's clearly stated that he's posted here to warn and help others, yet you attempt to ridicule him in a completely unnecessary manner....

It's clear that in this case there was a language issue and he paid up for fear of otherwise allowing the situation to escalate.

The OP has put forward his point as a warning in a matter of fact un-argumentative manner.

I will heed the OP's warning and tell my friends and those visiting to be careful with E-Cigs and not have them in public. 

-----------

What does concern me is that the OP's car was searched... 

This is only permitted at an organised check point with senior officers present (not sure of exact rank) and only with 'reasonable suspicion'... 

The OP having his car searched gives me more cause for concern than the e-cig fine. Not that I have anything to worry about in my car, but, if the BiB are now searching cars it would prove to be extremely inconvenient. 

Edited by richard_smith237

2 hours ago, bluebluewater said:

I just wanna know how the wife got on with getting the 5K returned?

With video it should have been pretty straight forward.  Right?

No, she calmed down shortly afterwards.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why the animosity towards the OP ?... he's clearly stated that he's posted here to warn and help others, yet you attempt to ridicule him in a completely unnecessary manner....

It's clear that in this case there was a language issue and he paid up for fear of otherwise allowing the situation to escalate.

The OP has put forward his point as a warning in a matter of fact un-argumentative manner.

I will heed the OP's warning and tell my friends and those visiting to be careful with E-Cigs and not have them in public. 

-----------

What does concern me is that the OP's car was searched... 

This is only permitted at an organised check point with senior officers present (not sure of exact rank) and only with 'reasonable suspicion'... 

The OP having his car searched gives me more cause for concern than the e-cig fine. Not that I have anything to worry about in my car, but, if the BiB are now searching cars it would prove to be extremely inconvenient. 

Was his car searched? I can't see anywhere he says it was, maybe i'm wrong

OP forget the trolls you have done Ecig users a valuable service by posting what happened 

This actually happened to a friend of mine in Soi 80 bar a few months ago, the police officer who was in there pissed up told my friend the same as you were told, 5k fine, not paying import duty etc, luckily my friend knew the officer and managed to get out of it without paying anything

1 hour ago, darrendsd said:

Was his car searched? I can't see anywhere he says it was, maybe i'm wrong

OP forget the trolls you have done Ecig users a valuable service by posting what happened 

This actually happened to a friend of mine in Soi 80 bar a few months ago, the police officer who was in there pissed up told my friend the same as you were told, 5k fine, not paying import duty etc, luckily my friend knew the officer and managed to get out of it without paying anything

I assumed that his car was searched, but I may have read a little too much into the OP's comments [quoted below] - perhaps the OP can clarify.... 

Just spent an hour on the roadside after a random police check landed me in trouble for having my E-Cigarette in the car.

OP: Was your car searched, or did the Police officer just happen to see the e-cig clearly visible in your car (on the dash or centre console etc) ??

3 minutes ago, drink75 said:

Yes, car and boot space was searched. E-cig was on charge, plugged into the cigarette lighter and I had made no effort to conceal it as I really didn't think I needed to. Live and learn!

Thanks for the heads up ...

On what grounds did they search the car ? did they provide any reason ? and what is at a Check Point or just some BiB pulling you over on the side of the road ?

Not sure what the reason for the stop was, it was an area I often see the police stopping people but to date have always been waved on. This time I was ushered into a parking area and my passenger side door was opened before I knew what was happening.

Edited by drink75

so what's really so bad with these toys? 

Do they explode, like Samsung Note7s

Have they detonated in petrol stations, or caused a bushfire - anywhere in the civilised world?

Have they killed anyone(or even, can they), unlike those things what they were designed to replace?

Makes one want to go ahead, and mouth a facsimile of one, a totally non-operational stage prop...

FAGS_Candy_cigarettes_(pre-1990s).jpg

(the above is no longer a commercial product, and might only now be found in a museum exhibit, even some candy can urk the Establishment enough, to be banned)

...jeez, and I don't even smoke!!

Edited by tifino

10 minutes ago, tifino said:

so what's really so bad with these toys? 

Do they explode, like Samsung Note7s

Have they detonated in petrol stations, or caused a bushfire - anywhere in the civilised world?

Have they killed anyone(or even, can they), unlike those things what they were designed to replace?

Makes one want to go ahead, and mouth a facsimile of one, a totally non-operational stage prop...

...jeez, and I don't even smoke!!

Yep.. The idea that E-Cigs are illegal is idiotic to the extreme. 

I'm not even sure that E-Cigs are illegal...   I know the BiB have 'claimed' they are illegal, but in doing so are the BiB actually acting legally ? are they acting on a Law which has been passed by the Legislative Branch of the Thai Government ?

As I understand it, but may be mistaken: Thailand's laws have to be passed by the Legislative Branch of the Thai Government - The National Assembly which consists of two parts: The House of Representatives (Lower House) and the Senate (Upper House)....  

I'm not convinced that the illegality of E-Cigs is legal - which is why I guess they are using the 'import' laws against them. 

Edited by richard_smith237

A friend got caught with Nicorette gum in Singapore (He had no idea it was illegal) back in 1999 on a three day stopover.

Cops were pretty good and he was instructed to leave it in the hotel safe until he left in a couple of days time.

Seems that if the cops wanted to press the issue, he could have been in deep do do, but they did not charge him for breaking the rule on importing the gum into SP.

As for E cigs in LOS, it's just another excuse for tea money. :coffee1:

• 1 year later...
On 9/7/2016 at 3:19 PM, ianf said:

Why would anyone want to use these ridiculous devices in the first place beats me.

This ridiculous device will quite probably save many lives.  Perfect it ain't but anything that helps kick smoking and cause 'Big Tobacco' pain is good.  I did it 10 years ago and it was bloody tough so any help is good in my book.  I must say Thailand actually helped me quit; putting those disgusting pictures on the packs, banning smoking in (decent) bars and restaurants and generally helping to highlight the disgusting ant-social lethal habit that it is.   Making it unappealing to the youngsters is the challenge.

This ridiculous device will quite probably save many lives.  Perfect it ain't but anything that helps kick smoking and cause 'Big Tobacco' pain is good.  I did it 10 years ago and it was bloody tough so any help is good in my book.  I must say Thailand actually helped me quit; putting those disgusting pictures on the packs, banning smoking in (decent) bars and restaurants and generally helping to highlight the disgusting ant-social lethal habit that it is.   Making it unappealing to the youngsters is the challenge.

"Ecig= illegal"

I have already seen two people vapping openly in Chiang Mai today. I think they just make this stuff up, night in jail and 5000 Baht fine? Show me the regulation that dictates this punishment please.

I don't smoke/vape but I wouldn't do it in Thailand. Hard to keep up with the scams, Police see Farang with an Ecig you are just setting yourself up to be fleeced

Oh and some of the juices are zero nicotine, for that 10 years jail? What a joke.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk